PDA

View Full Version : Small Time Business Help

squirrel17
03-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I've been cutting lawns for about 5 years. Each year seems to be a struggle to keep the right number of customers. I work by myself and would like to keep it that way. The only customers I have lost have been because they have moved, died, or decided to pay a family member who lost their job. I was going to send out letters to all of my customers from last year to let them know I will be back at it again. I would like to pick up just a few more customers and I will be set. Does anyone have advice for a small timer like myself on how to pick up some new customers? What is the best way to advertise? Local paper, craigslist, flyers???

Brodie
03-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Id suggest target some flyer distrubution to lawns on your current route that look a little un-tidy. if you dont want masses of new clients then dont target large groups. But as you are doing your daily mowing route have a look at the lawns in the street and surrounding area and just drop a flyer into the mailbox. As I see it that is more of a targeted approach to your marketing.

jsslawncare
03-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Ask your current customers if they know of anyone that needs your services. And look that the yards around where you are cutting.

dcjb
03-05-2011, 08:02 PM
i agree with jsslawncare, i also am also a small bussiness, (13 years) as long as your customers are happy with your work, let them know your looking for more work, mine always have a friend, family or neighbor that needs help.

squirrel17
03-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Will do. Thanks for the help.

rnd
03-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Doesn't matter size of company anyone can make themselves look professional.

Visit our website at rndsigns.com and download a FREE marketing handbook and planner which is a very quick and informative read.

We offering very competative pricing a long with great products any one of our sales team would love to answer any questions you have! call us 800-328-4009