PDA

View Full Version : Scag Turf Tiger 28 Cat diesel $12k

djagusch
03-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Talked to the scag rep if there was any deals on certain models right now. He said the tt w/28 cat diesel 61" deck was $12k. That is a lot of mower for that price. Makes me wonder if I should get one instead of the 35hp briggs. The deal just came out so the dealer might need to call the rep to find out.
Posted via Mobile Device

pugs
03-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Talked to the scag rep if there was any deals on certain models right now. He said the tt w/28 cat diesel 61" deck was $12k. That is a lot of mower for that price. Makes me wonder if I should get one instead of the 35hp briggs. The deal just came out so the dealer might need to call the rep to find out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Your dealer wont be selling it for $12k I can tell you that. I just looked at the special for that machine and yah....$12k isnt going to happen.

TheOctagon
03-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I have not heard about this deal yet but you can bet i'll be calling monday on it for sure. I would love to have that diesel selling for under 14,000 and still stay in business. That sounds like a deal i could move pretty well.

lawnstripe
03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Maybe you guys can help me price my 2008 scag 28 cat diesel with a 72" deck with 675 hours. Thanks

pugs
03-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I have not heard about this deal yet but you can bet i'll be calling monday on it for sure. I would love to have that diesel selling for under 14,000 and still stay in business. That sounds like a deal i could move pretty well.

No need to call really. Its on the distributor website. You guys have the same dist as us. 14 is more realistic. 12 aint gonna happen.

djagusch
03-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Your dealer wont be selling it for $12k I can tell you that. I just looked at the special for that machine and yah....$12k isnt going to happen.

Well I was pointed to the special in print and was told that was the price. Midwest pace distributor.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
03-05-2011, 08:51 PM
No need to call really. Its on the distributor website. You guys have the same dist as us. 14 is more realistic. 12 aint gonna happen.

It sounded like I would be paying dealer pricing and the dealer would get a kickback/rebate off the deal which made it worth their time. Came from the horses mouth and in writing behind it. He also said the 29dfi is down in price from last year.

Pugs it sounds like your a dealer and don't want to pass along deals to your customers.
Posted via Mobile Device

pugs
03-05-2011, 09:28 PM
It sounded like I would be paying dealer pricing and the dealer would get a kickback/rebate off the deal which made it worth their time. Came from the horses mouth and in writing behind it. He also said the 29dfi is down in price from last year.

Pugs it sounds like your a dealer and don't want to pass along deals to your customers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Please feel free to post a copy of this "print" that you saw or a copy of your invoice after you buy one. Otherwise STFU. I just read the deal they have going and there is no possible way any dealer could sell one for 12k period. No there is no reimbursement from the distributor or Scag. And nobody in their right mind is going to sell one for way less than it cost them. If there is savings to be had I pass whatever deal they have going on to my customers.

djagusch
03-05-2011, 09:53 PM
The owner of the dealer is on a snowmobiling trip and was talking to the rep directly. My dealers owner will be back tues/wed. Ill have him get me a quote (I still have not decided between the briggs or cat and got a month before I need one).

The print was on his laptop, most likely the same promo material you got online. If you don't believe me pm me for the reps name and number. My dealer is low volume (less than 5 units a yr) I know he sends a check, no floor planning which is uncommon.

Or by the way I won't stfu.
Posted via Mobile Device

LibertyFarmLandscaping
03-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Maybe you guys can help me price my 2008 scag 28 cat diesel with a 72" deck with 675 hours. Thanks

There is an 08' 61" at my dealer with 325hrs asking $8800. They have had it since last summer for sale. http://www.fourbros.com/used.htm

TheOctagon
03-05-2011, 11:30 PM
dj are you buying just one machine or are you buying enough to qualify for fleet pricing?

oldclawn
03-05-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm totally with pugs! Someones got a real fANTASY PRICE GOING HERE!

djagusch
03-06-2011, 08:37 AM
dj are you buying just one machine or are you buying enough to qualify for fleet pricing?

A tt and another vride. So that is good for fleet.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
03-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Your also the one who said that we could be buying vrides as low as many did last month. Until you asked your boss and found out about the program.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheOctagon
03-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I guess i could believe this pricing when it comes to buying at fleet pricing. Gotta find stuff like that out before you get too upset. Granted it was a little misleading according to the first post. No need to get angry though just gotta ask questions to get answers.

HenryB
03-06-2011, 10:52 AM

My buddy bought the same machine for $12500 so no fantasy.:dancing:

djagusch
03-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I guess i could believe this pricing when it comes to buying at fleet pricing. Gotta find stuff like that out before you get too upset. Granted it was a little misleading according to the first post. No need to get angry though just gotta ask questions to get answers.

Well here is the thing he knows I'm waiting on some accounts for the vride (renewals). How he spoke is that I could get the pricing either way. He also mentioned that they are trying to get the vride fleet price deal back as they sold well. On the cat deal it sound like they wanted to sell them before emissions get tighter, or maybe cat has extra inventory they want to move. Metalcraft makes a lot of parts for cat so we maybe seeing some of the partnership working together to move product also.
Posted via Mobile Device

oldclawn
03-06-2011, 01:01 PM
I"d have to see the invoice to believe it. Best case dealers cost even on fleet run would be low to mid 12 and if a dealer can't make 10% on the exchange why bother--totally no point. The machines come totally crated and do not self assemble. There may be some exceptions in personal relationships between client and dealer but for the most part YOU don't mow at COST--you mow for PROFIT and the dealer has to operate his business the same way.

djagusch
03-06-2011, 01:01 PM
My buddy bought the same machine for $12500 so no fantasy.:dancing:

Was that just one mower or more?

Funny how the dealers said no way, now one can see it with fleet. Pretty soon they will find it possible with one. The number I saw was $12,056 plus $200 or so on freight. I think the dealer gets free freight on three units, so if I bought two I bet he would bring in one for stock to save everyone on freight.

An earlier quote was $15,900 for a 48" vride and 61" tt briggs. That included freight for the dealers to compare what pricing I'm getting.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
03-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I"d have to see the invoice to believe it. Best case dealers cost even on fleet run would be low to mid 12 and if a dealer can't make 10% on the exchange why bother--totally no point. The machines come totally crated and do not self assemble. There may be some exceptions in personal relationships between client and dealer but for the most part YOU don't mow at COST--you mow for PROFIT and the dealer has to operate his business the same way.

Are you the salesman or the mechanic at the dealer. I remember something about that on another thread. My dealer makes most money on the service side not on sales (low volume). So if he puts $500 or more to push paper and to uncrate it I'm sure he will be ok with it as he will make money on parts/service over the life of the mower. Before you mention finance cost or putting money out before the sale. He will have the money from me before he orders it. We work together to get the best prices for both of us.
Posted via Mobile Device

pugs
03-06-2011, 02:05 PM
No mention was made of fleet pricing. I was only talking about 1 machine. No way you will buy one for 12k without fleet or some other special besides the current promo.

oldclawn
03-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I do accounting and inventory work for our dealer, as my major in college was accounting and finance. He also rents half our landscape building for Scag crate deliveries and assembly. We've been friends for over 30 years, and I sit comfortably with the dealers book in my hand at any time. I've also owned/operated a very good landscape maintenace and installation company for 38 years. I know math. I know profit/operating margins. I'm well aware of what we, as established, well run, landscape maintenace contracors make. I know BS when I see it too.

pugs
03-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Was that just one mower or more?

Funny how the dealers said no way, now one can see it with fleet. Pretty soon they will find it possible with one. The number I saw was $12,056 plus $200 or so on freight. I think the dealer gets free freight on three units, so if I bought two I bet he would bring in one for stock to save everyone on freight.

An earlier quote was $15,900 for a 48" vride and 61" tt briggs. That included freight for the dealers to compare what pricing I'm getting.
Posted via Mobile Device

The number you have for the 48 Vride and 61 TT is definitely doable. Free freight doesnt happen until you get 4 units with this particular dist.

djagusch
03-06-2011, 03:14 PM
The number you have for the 48 Vride and 61 TT is definitely doable. Free freight doesnt happen until you get 4 units with this particular dist.

That quote was from the same rep. So....
Posted via Mobile Device

pugs
03-06-2011, 04:11 PM
That quote was from the same rep. So....
Posted via Mobile Device

So...you made no mention of Fleet in your original post. Single mower... no way you are getting it for 12k as I have already said. Fleet might be a different story.

grassman177
03-06-2011, 06:59 PM
i can only add that i have heard the 28 cat is a very rough running engine and heavy on vibrations. get the 25 kubota or the 30 something cat if you can.

HenryB
03-07-2011, 11:02 AM
My local Scag dealer has gotten more reasonable. For a long time with easy credit pricing was getting just STUPID. People are thinking about $10k $14k for a ZTR and companies are responding by lowering prices and new lower priced model. People do smarten up after a while:clapping: