PDA

View Full Version : xtreme's $125 sulky? is it a good one?

CriderLawn09
03-05-2011, 10:04 PM
anyone ever use one of green touch's two wheeled sulky they have been advertising for $125 ? its alot cheaper than a two wheeled velke brand they start at $369 around here but i wondered if they were just as good i was wondering if any one has one or ever has used one and if so what mower was it hooked to? in my case ill be hooking it to my exmark turf tracer hp 48inch we use bull riders on my other six ferris walk behinds but the exmark just wont pull that big heavy thing around as good or atleast i dont think so any help would be nice THANKS!!

lawnkingforever
03-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I just got my Greentouch single wheel sulky delivered on Thursday. So I can't help as far as the dual one is concerned. But the single wheel is very well built, but the thing is heavy though and bigger than my old one. There is a $10 dollar discount for lawnsite members. I figure for 90 bucks, why not get one, if I don't like it I can just sell it. I have to drill new holes to mount mine, but it should fit about any mower.

CriderLawn09
03-05-2011, 10:17 PM
thanks man my exmark dealer of course says run velke or exmarks sulky i think it is called ride on or something but ive had the velkes before and they last bout lik any sulky two yrs tops then time to replace bearings and all that but yea for around $100 i see your point im getting ready toorder some of there trimmer racks now so i thought id ask and p.s do not buy rackem trimmer racks!! never had more damaged trimmers in my life not to menchion always having flooding and carb trouble!!

CriderLawn09
03-05-2011, 10:18 PM
I just got my Greentouch single wheel sulky delivered on Thursday. So I can't help as far as the dual one is concerned. But the single wheel is very well built, but the thing is heavy though and bigger than my old one. There is a $10 dollar discount for lawnsite members. I figure for 90 bucks, why not get one, if I don't like it I can just sell it. I have to drill new holes to mount mine, but it should fit about any mower.

o yea and what was the brand you were running before the xtreme sulky?

lawnkingforever
03-05-2011, 10:34 PM
I am not sure of the brand off hand, it came with my Ferris when I bought it a few years ago. It barely made it through last year. The axle broke so I just bought a heavy grade bolt at Tractor Supply and used that. Then the tire stopped holding air. To try to piece it back together properly would not be worth my time.

Hell on Blades
03-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Just took a look at it -- looks like a much better option than buying used...

CriderLawn09
03-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey man how do u put in that your a lawn site member to get that $10.00 discount im trying to order now ?

lawnkingforever
03-07-2011, 10:26 PM
"lawnsite1'' is the code, I believe.

jay12
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Where is the best place to buy them? Local on the internet or direct?

AllAmericanlawn
03-08-2011, 09:50 PM
I have the xtreme trimmer rack made by green touch and it is freekin awesome. It is very well built and an innovative design. I would not be scared to try one of there sulkys.

lawntimenosee
03-09-2011, 03:39 PM

Thank you for posting more info on this sulky.
I was looking for some feedback before I bought one myself.

I just hope the added size and weight is not a negative thing. I assume that being heavier it's more durable, but too bulky could cause turning problems as my 2-wheel is doing now on my toro wb.

Have you had a chance to mount and try yours out yet?

nitro121
03-09-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ij9rcm4eu4

Thanks!

Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care
03-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Yes, it's a good value and a heavy duty sulky. I jumped on that deal 3 weeks ago. It comes galvanized; kinda looks like crap when it arrives. I painted mine red to match my 48" walkbehind, now it looks great. The 17 hp Kohler pulls it just fine and I'm 225 lbs. I didn't have to drill any holes, it bolted right on. The axles, nuts and bolts are heavy duty also. It has grease zirks. Very comfortable compared to a single wheel sulky. I saw a comparable one at Mayo for $489.00, that's not going to happen. If you know anything about their trimmer racks, you know they have great products.

nitro121
03-09-2011, 08:26 PM
trailerracks.com. I'm going to buy it. Beats trying to build it. :cool2:

Lightning Lawn Care
03-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Do these sulkies fold up out of the way when not in use?

CriderLawn09
03-17-2011, 07:43 AM
hey i mounted mine on my exmark and it seems to wrk fine but i havent mowed with it yet still waiting on the season to start and yea you could fold it up with a cable but it doesnt come with one or the hole for it so im just gonna drill a hole and mount my self no big deal.

MowingMowingMowing
05-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Any feedback on the 2 wheeled one? I'm looking to get one for a backup 48" TTHP. Also, it does fold up right? Thoughts?

Lightning Lawn Care
05-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I might not be much help to you because I bought mine for my back up so I haven't put a lot of hours on it (8-10) so far but I don't have any complaints. I was worried how it would do backing up but it does good. It seems well built and it took me less than 5 minutes to put together and yes it does fold up.

MowingMowingMowing
05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I might not be much help to you because I bought mine for my back up so I haven't put a lot of hours on it (8-10) so far but I don't have any complaints. I was worried how it would do backing up but it does good. It seems well built and it took me less than 5 minutes to put together and yes it does fold up.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm planning on looking around locally for an X2 and if I can't find one soon ordering one of these for $125.

MowingMowingMowing
05-07-2011, 03:45 AM
Went ahead and ordered one tonight. With the Lawnsite discount it only ended up being $137.50 shipped, definitely worth giving a try for that price.

Lefet
05-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Went ahead and ordered one tonight. With the Lawnsite discount it only ended up being $137.50 shipped, definitely worth giving a try for that price.

Subscribing. Let us know how it works. I've been looking at the same one for my 48" Bobcat.
Already have (and love) the trimmer racks, going back for the blower holders.

MowingMowingMowing
05-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Subscribing. Let us know how it works. I've been looking at the same one for my 48" Bobcat.
Already have (and love) the trimmer racks, going back for the blower holders.

I'll keep you posted.

I also have the 3 piece trimmer rack.

I also bought the bp blower rack... but returned it. I've got a BR 600 and their rack makes you cut into the housing, not a big deal to many but I had just bought the blower so I opted for the Trimmer Trap bp rack as it is specifically made for BR 600s.

AsharperImage
02-06-2012, 05:37 PM
subscribing. Any thoughts on how this would work on a dual hydro 36"? I'm LOVING the price just worried how something could cost 75% less than the competition and still be high quality. Opinions apprciated

Richard Martin
02-06-2012, 06:12 PM
subscribing. Any thoughts on how this would work on a dual hydro 36"? I'm LOVING the price just worried how something could cost 75% less than the competition and still be high quality. Opinions apprciated

I believe they're on closeout.

Lefet
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Why do you think that?

I did get one by the way. Really is a heavy duty sulky. Sometimes a tad TOO heavy. It actually can pull the Bpbcat handles down. But a great sulky!! It beats walking!!!

Richard Martin
02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Why do you think that?

I think they made that statement. Let me go see if I can find it....

Can't find it. Someone had a sulky on close out for a killer price last year. It makes sense that this is the one.

Lefet
02-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Okay, gotcha. I don't think that thing is going anywhere any time soon.

Richard Martin
02-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Okay, gotcha. I don't think that thing is going anywhere any time soon.

Remember this, I have a killer memory. Here is the post about the Extreme Rack sulkies being on close out or as Matt said... "While supplies last".

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=340668

Lefet
02-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Remember this, I have a killer memory. Here is the post about the Extreme Rack sulkies being on close out or as Matt said... "While supplies last".

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=340668

Missed this one!! I wonder how come, I thought they were a pretty good selling item.