PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat Dura-deck

outlaw1960
03-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Hello, Been in business since 1991 and don't see many Bobcats out here in Denver. Any insight on the new Dura-deck mowers? Have always used Scag, Toro and Wright mowers in the past. I guess I am wanting to know how the cut compares to the Scag and Toro mowers as I have always been happiest with the finished result of those....thanks for reading and good luck this year, it's going to be a tight one with fuel prices on the rise.

SouthSide Cutter
03-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Bought a 61 ProCat last spring. Got a really good deal on the mower. In a normal yard it cut great, rode great. In wet grass and heavy grass it clumped. Did everything to the deck you could do with no help. Traded it back in on another Scag. And this was cutting side beside with a Scag.

Cooter
03-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Isn't the deck redesigned for 2011? They look interesting but we have no dealers near.

pugs
03-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Duradeck isnt really new. Everyone is naming their decks...so Bobcat gave theirs a name a few years back. The deck really hasnt changed in at least 10 years. They did add an adjustable plate at the front that you could slide up and down but that was about it.

They did make a change for the latest models though(models that end in G). The baffles at the front are different, the side opening and baffle on that side is different and the fold up chute also has some special shape to help with flow. Mainly the new baffles and the opening will help with that wet grass I believe.

HenryB
03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
I've run everything out there. The Bobcat is right up there with Exmark, Scag and Toro in ALL conditions. No brand loyalty here just my opinion.

SouthSide Cutter
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
No its not. We run them together in the same yard. Night and day difference in our conditions. I only run what will cut in wet and thick conditions and I don't care what brand it is. But as of right now its the Velocity deck until something else proves it to me I will not waste any more money.

HenryB
03-06-2011, 06:00 PM
No its not. We run them together in the same yard. Night and day difference in our conditions. I only run what will cut in wet and thick conditions and I don't care what brand it is. But as of right now its the Velocity deck until something else proves it to me I will not waste any more money.

Velocity has a wider dicharge so disperses clippings well but clippings are longer and often require a double cut similar to the Everride or old toro decks.

outlaw1960
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the replies, the price caught my eye.....damn Toro's and Scag's are getting close to Exmark pricing! 95% of what we, I cut is irrigated, heavy and wet. Your replies help alot.....

Lugnut
03-06-2011, 10:21 PM
This year Bobcat also added optional rear discharge...

kilgoja
03-06-2011, 10:22 PM
JD 7iron deck with gator blades...best cut i've seen...maybe scag velocity with gator blades would be as good...gator blades cut the clippings smaller than regular high lift mulching blades.....interested to see if the new hustler vx4 deck is any good and how it measures up

Biker
03-29-2011, 06:28 PM
I've run everything out there. The Bobcat is right up there with Exmark, Scag and Toro in ALL conditions. No brand loyalty here just my opinion.
From pictures and videos on their website, the new 2011 BOBCATS have new look front baffles, taller trim side baffles, discharge opening on the 61s that is 22% bigger, new discharge chutes. From videos on Bobcat website, appears to discharge more evenly in lush grass. The seat looks interesting too.