PDA

View Full Version : PRO Landscape software program

Mow&Snow
09-16-2002, 09:53 PM
What do you all think of my buying PRO Landscape software for $995.00? I have been thinking about buying a program like this all season, I just haven't been able to justify the $1200.00. I got an Email from PRO Landscape today offering 200 dollars off.
I have searched this forum and thought I would start a new thread to get some new thoughts from u all. What do u think of this deal, and the program?

vardener
09-16-2002, 11:59 PM
A $1,000 piece of software has got to be a pain in the back to learn how to play with. I have a couple of homeowner programs and they are supposed to be easy to mess with. Nope.
If it saves you time, though, it makes you money. Email me and let me know what you think of it if you get it.

Mow&Snow
09-17-2002, 12:04 AM
I Have 4 different homeowner programs. None of them are worth the disk that they are burned upon. There're all hard to learn, and just don't seem to have the flexability that I need while working on a design.

I'm hoping a professional dedicated program is gonna be different tho. The company does offer a 60 day return for maney back program if I hate it.

Check out thier site. http://www.prolandscape.com

Mow&Snow
09-17-2002, 12:06 AM
sorry typo....I meant to say disk....

vardener
09-17-2002, 01:00 AM
Heck of a slip, M&S! Thanks for the link. I wonder if they offer a hands on workshop for the software, or something more than a phonebook sized manual not written in a language greenies can understand.

Mow&Snow
09-17-2002, 02:01 AM
They claim to have tutorial disks that come with the program.....I hope so.

Mow&Snow
09-17-2002, 06:44 PM
I ordered this program today, Should be here tomorrow. Can't wait, NEW TOY!

I love toys....

Lanelle
09-17-2002, 09:52 PM
I have used the software from DIG for several years. Not too bad of a learning curve, especially if you do the tutorials. The imaging program gives nice results, with shadows and warping for perspectives. Clients love seeing their own property on the screen shown as a finished project. The price has come down over the last couple of years for the suite of programs. Let us know how you like the PRO software.

countryscaper
09-18-2002, 11:34 PM
I've had the program for @ 4 years now..it's real nice...once you get the hang of it.....just practice...also you can load your own pics of certain shrubs...mulch...whatever...people are really skeptical when you tell them how it will look...But when you show them How it will look..on pic....they really seem to like it..there is also some practice houses to practice with...if you don't do it right...start over...easy.....

Mow&Snow
09-18-2002, 11:36 PM
I got the program today, I'm playing with it now. It looks like its gonna have a short learning curve. We'll see....