PDA

View Full Version : Whats is The biggest Mowing job you have this Year

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Well I found out today won bid on 60 acres For another year
Bidding on a 33 acres job this week if get that will put over 200 acres a week i have to mow on top my other work :usflag:

oldclawn
03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Did you really "WIN" or were you the low priced sucker of the year? Typically the bigger jobs are less profitable and have a "too much in one basket" syndrome that kills you if you lose it unexpectedly.

Patriot Services
03-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Are you the guy from the 10.00 an acre thread a couple of weeks back?
Posted via Mobile Device

TuffWork
03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Wow, automatic bashing on winning the bid on a big job. Congrats man, I don't care how much your charging as long as it's profitable for you.

My biggest job is an office complex I will be doing this year for the first time. Not sure on acreage, though. It's kinda hard to tell because it's like 30 postage stamps. This will make my third commercial property.

BINKY1902
03-06-2011, 03:39 PM
8-acre residential is my biggest property.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Did you really "WIN" or were you the low priced sucker of the year? Typically the bigger jobs are less profitable and have a "too much in one basket" syndrome that kills you if you lose it unexpectedly.
Well not lowest They wanted best Company that handle it in the less time
Mowing is a small part of my company
Im in it to make money

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Are you the guy from the 10.00 an acre thread a couple of weeks back?
Posted via Mobile Devicenot me but never know what was it about ??

D&K Lawns
03-06-2011, 05:16 PM

If all you are going to do is judge, I suggest you don't reply to threads like these. In other words, stay the hell out.

Patriot Services
03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
not me but never know what was it about ??

There was a huge thread a couple weeks ago about a guys brother who bid a bunch of acreage at 10 bucks per. The views were all over the board. Some actually showed they could make money at that rate. Didn't mean to sound like bashing. Congrats, I stick to tight congested areas with about 10 feet between houses.

kilgoja
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
my biggest is like 1 acre...i stay away from bigger jobs...can make more money doing smaller yards...for example cut ten 1/2 acre yards (5acres) and make $500...cut one 5 acre yard and make $250 if your lucky