PDA

View Full Version : mulch install

thom
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
when you bid a mulch install,do you have the cubic yards you will need displayed on the quote?

Patriot Services
03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Try not to be specific about how much product. Use language about where you a mulching instead. Some people get too crafty with the numbers and try to haggle you down. They will always try to relate it to what they themselves make per hour.
Posted via Mobile Device

GunnPropertyServices
03-06-2011, 01:11 PM
i always put approx cubic yards so they can see what there paying for verse a cheaper price but only providing half the amount of mulch i am.

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I use to put the number on there but to many people were calling for estimates and really just getting you to tell them how much they need to do it there self's .

Patriot Services
03-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Exactly why my estimates read " to re mulch area ABC and plant X number of annuals or whatever is this much" one price for what they want. No breakdowns, that leads to the "well I'll buy the supplies and you put them in for me".:usflag:

Agape
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
If it spreads well or the bushes take up more space than you expected, and the customer see's that you have some left over they will try to get a lower price. had a guy that only needed 3 yards of bark and had another job afterward so I got 6 yards of bark in my rig. he saw all the "leftover" bark and about had a fit.

Patriot Services
03-09-2011, 08:47 PM
My supplier is always a little generous. Better to have too much at the end. I have several piles of extra stuff in my shops lot. Not the customers business. You say I have another job lined up after this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Agape
03-09-2011, 09:31 PM
My supplier is always a little generous. Better to have too much at the end. I have several piles of extra stuff in my shops lot. Not the customers business. You say I have another job lined up after this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I told him, some people are just bung holes lol

STIHL GUY
03-10-2011, 11:46 AM
i figure the cubic yards and cost of install and verbally give them a price or write it on the back of a buisness card. not the most professional way but everyone i have done has resulted in me getting the job as well as being called back the next year to do it again