PDA

View Full Version : Deep well

Patriot Services
03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
My shallow irrigation well went dry this week. Coincidentally my next door neighbor just had 4 new shallow points put in 10 feet away. Anybody know what the going price for a fully cased deep well is going for. I know depth makes all the difference. The estimates I've gotten are all over the board.:usflag:

Ric
03-06-2011, 03:02 PM
My shallow irrigation well went dry this week. Coincidentally my next door neighbor just had 4 new shallow points put in 10 feet away. Anybody know what the going price for a fully cased deep well is going for. I know depth makes all the difference. The estimates I've gotten are all over the board.:usflag:

Patriot

Use your head!! How can we know what the rates are in your area when we don't even know how deep the Well has to be. We have no clue as the type of rock or soil they must drill. Or do we have a clue as to what Swift Mud's rules and permits might be for your area.

Patriot Services
03-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Basically I'm screwed. The county does not allow deep wells in this area, too much sinkhole activity. So now I will stay hooked up to the city supply. I have the system micro managed to waste nothing so the bill shouldnt go up too much. My point was I got 4 estimates from 1100 to 5800 dollars. 180' give or take to the Floridan aquifer through sand and limestone. :usflag:

PDLM21
03-10-2011, 10:22 AM
pvc or iron casing?

Patriot Services
03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Would have to be iron. Like I said swiftmud won't allow it in my community. Shallow wells only.
Posted via Mobile Device

tallrick
03-15-2011, 04:44 PM
The funny thing is that I was just talking about this with a friend in the Lake Wales area about this. His well went dry and his solution was to put an air drill underground attached to a pipe and drill down with a homemade bit coated with tungsten carbide. He just drilled a bit each day till he hit water and used some kind of flexible pipe repair material as a casing. He went 100 feet down with this rig and has had no problems since. I am still trying to figure out how it worked.

Patriot Services
03-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Ummm, the word "permit" comes to mind.
Posted via Mobile Device