PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation and cold damage on plants

Florida Gardener
03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
We had a good rain last night and it is raining again right now. My question is can I turn off irrigation this week as the rainfall is plenty or should I leave it on but maybe for less time to keep irrigating the plants that are recovering. Don't really need excess growth on the turf right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

billslawn89
03-06-2011, 05:48 PM
how much rain did you get? i guess the rule of thumb is 1 inch per week...i have my irrigation shut off. if anything shut all the zones off except for the landscape beds, if its the drip irrigation.

Florida Gardener
03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Problem is the zones are mixed between lawn and bed. Not as much rain today but last night was really good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 06:38 PM
We got buried all day on friday, lots of mushy spots in the lawns. My personal property the irrigation is now shut off except for the micro irrigation in the beds, and they could really be turned off if it was not for new plantings.

Patriot Services
03-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Its been windy here so things dried out real quick again. I topdressed and seeded my Bermuda front yard last week. Trying to keep it a little moist, without encouraging the weeds I hand pulled last week. The foreclosure across the street is riddled with Thistle 2ft high.
Posted via Mobile Device