PDA

View Full Version : Spring weed and feed?

Bella Lawn Care
03-06-2011, 05:12 PM
What are you guys using that has worked best for spring weed and feed, cost and effect. Were are you getting it, are you using liduid or solid? This would be for commercial work.

Landrus2
03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
What are you guys using that has worked best for spring weed and feed, cost and effect. Were are you getting it, are you using liduid or solid? This would be for commercial work.

Can you buy restricted chemicals? :weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

Bella Lawn Care
03-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Honestly I dont know?

Landrus2
03-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Honestly I dont know?

Do you have a pesticide license?

ALC-GregH
03-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Do you have a pesticide license?

My guess is, that if he had his license, he'd already know where to get material.

Landrus2
03-06-2011, 06:43 PM
My guess is, that if he had his license, he'd already know where to get material.

Yes, playing with chemicals is very hard on drinking water

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Can you buy restricted chemicals? :weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

Can you explain to me what are the names of some ''restricted chemicals'' ?

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
03-06-2011, 09:47 PM

So they give you a list of current herbicide suppliers in your area after you pass the test? Must be something new.

Georgia Lawn Works LLC
03-06-2011, 09:54 PM

Check for a John Deer Landscapes location in your area. Liquid and granual type herbicides and fertillizers do the same thing. An advantage to a liquid fertilizer is that you can apply it with pre- and post- emergent herbicides and knock out two things out at once to reduce spraying time....

JDLesco does not know it all but give them a call and they can give you a good recomendation on what to get for the area your in. Also be sure to know the grass typeand the weed type your trying to kill so you can get something that will give you good results.

Turf Dawg
03-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I think this was just their way of asking if he was licensed.

Sammy
03-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Can you explain to me what are the names of some ''restricted chemicals'' ?

Here is a list of RUP's.

http://entweb.clemson.edu/pesticid/document/fedrup.htm#restricted

Turf Dawg
03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I think this was just their way of asking if he was licensed.

Sorry for the double post, when I sent it the first time it said the server was busy, so I hit refresh

JDUtah
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
What and where to get "weed and feed"? Sounds like someone doesn't have what he needs to apply pesticides legally to me.

BINKY1902
03-07-2011, 08:48 PM
If your not licensed just sub the spraying out. I don't care to have to deal with chemicals anyway so this is what I do.

The YardSlayer
03-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I guess i will be the only one to respond to your question without wondering about damn licenses i swear people get so hung up on license who cares just answer the guys question GEEZZ . Anyway I put down turfgro 22-0-5 with barricade and the hinbit took off like crazy and several other weeds as well. I learned my lesson never ever ever put down combo products you must seperate the pre emergent from the fertilizer. At least that is what i have learned. So next year im using a pre-emergent barricade followed up with Spreaditandforget it in April