PDA

View Full Version : Why is my mower scalping all the time?

Green Acres Lawn CAre
03-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm having problem with my lazer scalping the turf pretty bad when I go over any kind of bump or depression and I don't know what to do to correct it, advice would be much appreciated:waving:

Bumpmaster
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Start popping some wheelies.

SkinnyVinny
03-06-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm having problem with my lazer scalping the turf pretty bad when I go over any kind of bump or depression and I don't know what to do to correct it, advice would be much appreciated:waving:

dont set the deck as low, mow it at a different angle, etc etc... If your coming up to a crest or a place you always scalp, just raise the deck up a bit and drop it back down when your over it. trail and error my friend. Do you have anti-scalp rollers on the deck?

Landrus2
03-06-2011, 06:58 PM
what size lazer you have

StanWilhite
03-06-2011, 07:12 PM

Hello, you will have a better chance of getting help if you give more details such as.....

(ALWAYS FIRST!) Are all of your tires inflated properly?
Has your deck been "set-up" correctly? (ie:level side to side, and about 1/4' to 1/2" lower in front)
How are your "anti-scalp wheels" configured?
How high is the deck set from the ground?
Is it scalping on one side only, or is the scalping taking place all the way across the deck?
Is it scalping on uneven ground only, or all of the time?
Are you being careful not to "ride the crest" on uneven ground?

Stan

Green Acres Lawn CAre
03-06-2011, 07:21 PM
what size lazer you have
60 inch and 34 horse

Landrus2
03-06-2011, 07:23 PM
check your anti-scalp rollers for play

Green Acres Lawn CAre
03-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Hello, you will have a better chance of getting help if you give more details such as.....

(ALWAYS FIRST!) Are all of your tires inflated properly?
Has your deck been "set-up" correctly? (ie:level side to side, and about 1/4' to 1/2" lower in front)
How are your "anti-scalp wheels" configured?
How high is the deck set from the ground?
Is it scalping on one side only, or is the scalping taking place all the way across the deck?
Is it scalping on uneven ground only, or all of the time?
Are you being careful not to "ride the crest" on uneven ground?

Stan
My tires are set correctly, the decks right, the anti scalps are in the middle hole, I've got the deck set at 2 and 3/4", and it's not scalping in the same place each time, and it only scalps in a depression or bump.

SkinnyVinny
03-06-2011, 08:46 PM
My tires are set correctly, the decks right, the anti scalps are in the middle hole, I've got the deck set at 2 and 3/4", and it's not scalping in the same place each time, and it only scalps in a depression or bump.

i dont think its the mowers fault at that point then, try some of the things i said in the first post and see if it helps..

StanWilhite
03-06-2011, 08:50 PM

With the info you have given, I would say that if your grass is being cut at the height you want, and there's no scalping occurring on flat ground, you need to lower your deck wheels so that they make contact with the ground before the deck gets low enough to scalp.

Give that a try and get back to us.
Stan

Lugnut
03-06-2011, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=StanWilhite;3926412]With the info you have given, I would say that if your grass is being cut at the height you want, and there's no scalping occurring on flat ground, you need to lower your deck wheels so that they make contact with the ground before the deck gets low enough to scalp.

Give that a try and get back to us.
Stan

Agreed