PDA

View Full Version : In need of a lawn plugger fo a ZTM

Piedmont Lawn
09-16-2002, 10:41 PM
Hello Gang,

I take care of my family’s yards and need a lawn plugger to take care of around 7 acres of land twice a year. I have a Gravely PM 260Z 25HP Kohler what brand of plugger would you recommend and how wide.
I have used my friends 42” Agri-Fab on my lawn behind my old lawn mower but never behind a ZTM.

How much can I pull? and what brand at a reasonable price....

Thanks !

Kelly
:D

1grnlwn
09-16-2002, 11:34 PM
It will pull anything you can afford!

lawnkid
09-16-2002, 11:41 PM
Go to www.Jrco.com and they make an aerator fro w/b's and riders. Check it out.

KLMlawn
09-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Honestly, I have heard that the JRCO aerators aren't that great ... they tear when turning and are more a "spoon" type aerator rather than a true "core". I think a tow behind would be your best choice, but get a commercial one, like a Feldman, Turfco, I think Trac-Vac also has a pretty decent one too ... most decent one will run anywhere from $500-$1400, depending on what you are looking to spend.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-17-2002, 03:01 AM
Classen!!

Captdevo has some good deals on them www.rpm-co.com

MOW ED
09-17-2002, 07:53 AM
Like LGF said, Classen is a great piece of equipment.

Don't look at the grass under the unit. LGF was starting a renovation job at that lawn. You should see how green it is now.:D

LAWNGODFATHER
09-17-2002, 01:07 PM
You are correct there Ed.:)

I have the Feldman also, but I could not believe the hill ablility of the Calssen pictured, my feldman would only do about half the width on a hill, the Classen did the whole width with only the weight of the unit itself.

On the Feldman I have to add a lot of weight to it to get any good plugs even on wet ground.

Piedmont Lawn
09-17-2002, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys,

I went looking around today really didn't see anything that I liked for the price they were asking and the Classen is very nice but out of my price range. I found an Agri-Fab at Lowes for 169.00, not sure how long it would last doing 14 acres a year. Noy long I would guess.

Kelly