PDA

View Full Version : Cool new ride-on for compost teas

ICT Bill
03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
I stopped by Harringtons on Friday and the place was full of folks checking out brews from a brew off of 6 different brewers, everyone had their eyes in their microscopes checking out teas. He had Elaine Ingham there for the week giving a class

It was pretty cool seeing all of those brewers going at the same time

Greenpro solutions had a very cool ride-on that would spray at 3 gallons per 1000 for compost teas and would also do low volume sprays for herbicides, looked like a very nice unit, all stainless, 3 speed with reverse, honda engine, deflectors for the spreader, 20 gallon tank with an option for another 20 gallon tank, at 2 gallons per 1000 you could do 20,000 sq ft with 2 tanks

check it out http://www.greenprosolutions.com/ss220.htm

JDUtah
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
I dunno, it almost tips in the video...

americanlawn
03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
ICT -- Cool deal on the brews. Regarding the SS220, it's been out for a few years. Seen it at trade shows for the past 4 years or so, and I've driven it twice. That was enough for me.

It's definitely top-heavy, and the frame is not heavy duty. It reminded me of an inexpensive grill one would purchase at Wally Mart.

That's my 2 cents. Quick answer though. :cool2:

Snapper12
03-07-2011, 08:42 PM
The video does that product NO favors...

NattyLawn
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
The SS220 is not a good ride on and 3 gpm is not enough, imo. I talked to Turfco awhile ago, and the T3000 does have a 4 gpm pump, an additional auxiliary tank, and an optional boom which sounds pretty good for spraying AACT. I'm not in the market for a ride on right now, but I will be contacting LT Rich in the future as well to see what they can do regarding AACT in a ride on unit. I think you need at least 4 gpm, and I typically go 5-6 gallons for teas. I will continue to pull hose until a solution is found.

ICT Bill
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the feed back, that was the first time I had seen it, if they layed the tank down horizontal instead of vertical it would seem to me to be more stable, much lower center of gravity