PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Trap Blade Blocker or other Add ons like it.

Self_Paid1
03-07-2011, 10:34 AM
Can any one post pictures of your Blade Blocker Applications on your mowers and also give opinions the pros and cons of it. Also another products that are out there that are similar to the blade blocker for ZTR's

ed2hess
03-07-2011, 09:06 PM
A short piece of 2x4 and a clamp does just fine.

AllAmericanlawn
03-08-2011, 08:57 PM
I had the trimmer trap brand on my ZTR rider and didnt like the design as much as some others. But the one for the walk behind is awesome. I will probably get the advanced chute for my new rider.

kirkmbrown2001
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM
QwikChute

I have one on my hustler mini z and that was one of the best investments I have made. It saves soo much time by not having to blow the grass out of the beds. Plus the beds will stay fresh (grass free) much longer!

I choose QwikChute because it was the only one that fit my specific model. They are custom made specifically for virtually every make and model! It is spring loaded so it is easier to open and close. You can set it to three different positions, open, closed, and partial discharge.

The customer service is great! I had to have my lever replaced due to a bad weld (atypical) and they replaced and shipped it for free even though the warranty was over. Will definitely purchase QwikChutes for every mower in the future!!

http://www.qwikchute.com (http://www.qwikchute.com/)

AllAmericanlawn
03-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Looks good. But a little more expensive at around $300.

organiclawncanada
04-04-2011, 06:33 PM
I was looking at the blade blocker as well who has one?

chuacro
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM
I bought a trimmertrap blocker for my 36 metro. I sold the mower before I got around to installing it. If I can not figure out a way to make it fit my Hustler mini z 36 I will sell it.

organiclawncanada
04-05-2011, 12:02 AM
I can get a good deal on a Blade Blocker here from a local dealer. The other alternatives are Power Chute or attempt to make my own.

Southern Pride
04-05-2011, 12:38 AM
lol I've never understood the point of these when full on mulching kits are the best thing you could ever do to your ZTR. A chute blocker, all that grass just hits that door and falls to that side. Mulching kit you get an extremely even cut and everything shoots straight down into the turf...Mulching kits could very well be the best thing made.

For exceptional quality it's either mulch or bag. Side discharge just looks terrible, and even if you blow at the end you're adding alot of precious time to 1 lawn.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-05-2011, 01:05 AM
lol I've never understood the point of these when full on mulching kits are the best thing you could ever do to your ZTR. A chute blocker, all that grass just hits that door and falls to that side. Mulching kit you get an extremely even cut and everything shoots straight down into the turf...Mulching kits could very well be the best thing made.

For exceptional quality it's either mulch or bag. Side discharge just looks terrible, and even if you blow at the end you're adding alot of precious time to 1 lawn.

Only looks terrible if you run a under power mower
In a post you made on a thread you said you have to mow twice to get a even cut with a mulching kit

Snyder's Lawn Inc
04-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Can any one post pictures of your Blade Blocker Applications on your mowers and also give opinions the pros and cons of it. Also another products that are out there that are similar to the blade blocker for ZTR's

Well Dixie Chopper Was first to have them
I had one since 1998 cant live with out one during fall time they mulch leaves up to dust. I cant say anything bad about one Mine touch it and its closed to open it grab pull locks open

BrunoT
04-05-2011, 07:42 PM

My assumption is they were asking about one that goes up and down so that when approaching obstacles in discharge mode you don't blast everything with clippings. They work well for occasional use like that.

I use Exmark mulching decks and they are great. They give a nearly bagged appearance on nicer lawns. But they're not for all conditions and lawns. If one has another mower on the rig set up to discharge a "block off" does come in handy.

Southern Pride
04-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I've just always used somethin with a mulching deck or a walker type that bags. I remember my buddy had a commercial cub cadet 60" that had side discharge and it just looked TERRIBLE. I guess you could come back through and blow for an hour, but why do that when mulching essentially does it for you while you're cutting. I realize what their asking for with this chute blocker. Throw grass randomly all over the yard, just not in the beds! lulz