PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best ZTR bagging system?

Mikol87
03-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I am looking into buying another ZTR mower for this year. I currently have a Scagg and love it. Problem is, Scagg charges $2,500 for the bagging system and I hear it is somewhat of a pain in the azz to put on and take off.

Does anyone have any suggestions, from experience, with who makes the best bagging system for the commerical ZTR mowers. I hear good things about the John Deere ZTR's. Thanks for the input!

kilgoja
03-07-2011, 01:18 PM
a john deere or a walker...not sure because i never bag lol

vanncann
03-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I've got an eXmark Navigator and love it, but it is a full time vacuum mower.

KS_Grasscutter
03-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Walker and Navigator will be the best. Grasshopper, Toro and Exmark all make decent catchers for their midmounts and all cost 2k and up. If they are less then that, there is probably a reason...
Posted via Mobile Device

fireman9
03-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I've got a Ferris IS3100 and it has a triple bagger set up. Easy on and off. Remove the hose from the blower and the blower lifts off with two small pins. The bag rack sits on a bracket and is held in place with two 5/8" hitch pins, pull the pins and the whole rack comes off easy. Bagger on to off in less than a minuet.
I also had a Scag Wildcat with a clamshell bagger....WOW what a pain in the butt! You need two MEN and a small boy to put this thing on and off, never again, but I bought it used so I can't complain too much.
My walk behind has a Trac-Vac set up that picks up great BUT you can't see around it if your not at least 6' tall...but it is easy to set up and remove. I use it mainly for leave pickup / fall cleanup.

This is what I have on my walk behind... http://www.trac-vac.com/index_files/Model565CKG.htm

Trac-Vac http://www.trac-vac.com/#

TJ Property
03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I run Turf Tigers, love the vac system sucks up everything and anything!

drman63
03-07-2011, 03:31 PM
TJ I run turf tigers and what model do you have? any problems and what ballpark did you pay?