PDA

View Full Version : New equipment Snapper, Toro, Echo, and Stihl

cms289
03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Ok, beat to death, but can not make up my mind!!!!

I am not looking for info on mowers from several years ago. I currently have several older and much older 21's. Both snapper's and toro's commercial units. Most have the FJ180V on them, but 2 SUZUKI Toros.

I am looking to update the 'fleet'. Having used the Snapper and Toro I like them both. I am looking at the Toro 22197 and the Snapper Pro SPCRP216019KWV. Both run the FJ180V. As I have this engine on most of my units now and have had VERY FEW problems ever I am not worried about that. The old decks have worked fine.

But as I am going to be getting new ones, I would like some idea of what you guys think of the new ones. I know the old this or that is great, but what about the 2010-2011 units? I have deals for both, and the snapper is cheaper, about a grand for the whole deal.

I am also updating equipment, trimmers, stick edgers, and backpack blowers.

I have some stihl and echo stuff now, but nothing is newer than 5 years old. Old 90's, 225, ect. Most of it works fine, but worried about taking on more business with old stuff.

So, you have a bunch of cash and have sold yourself on some new equipment. Would you go with the true 2strokes from Echo or the 4 strokes from Stihl??? I know my older stuff are both pretty equal. I have small issues with both, I used the echo oil in the echos and stihl oil in the stihls. Kinda a pain, but easy enough to train the guys on. Not sure it really matters, but I do not have lots of carbon build up on the units compaired to when I just ran basic cheap 2 stroke oil!!!!

I am thinking FS90's and FC90's on all the maintance trailers. FS110 and FC110 on the heavy duty cleanup trailer. BR600's everwhere. On the Echo side I am thinking SRM265 and PE265 on maintance On the clean up trailer SRM280 and with the 265 straight or 280. Big 770 blowers everwhere.

I have one br600 now and it seems it moves more air than the echo 755 I have. both are newer (last year). Have not used the new 770 yet. So any thoughts there would be great!

I sold off most of my really old stuff on craigslist, so need to move on this as cleanups are increasing and regular stuff is comming on line!!!!

I have heard bad stuff on the new Stihl stuff having more issues. I know I love that stihl blower I have.

Thanks everyone in advance. I know they are both good equipment, but I have having issues pulling the trigger.

kilgoja
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
21" ?...honda is the best

i would try using husqvarna handheld blowers and use honda or husqvarna trimmers

LCPullman
03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I personally would go with Toro and Stihl. To be honest, I haven't used Snapper, but I know the Toro 21" mowers and I really like how they work and the simple design.
As far as Stihl v.s. Echo, both are good machines. Echo has gone to catalytic mufflers which adds weight and heat, neither of which I like. I've been using the Stihl FS100RX and have been pleased with it.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
03-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Ok, beat to death, but can not make up my mind!!!!

I am not looking for info on mowers from several years ago. I currently have several older and much older 21's. Both snapper's and toro's commercial units. Most have the FJ180V on them, but 2 SUZUKI Toros.

I am looking to update the 'fleet'. Having used the Snapper and Toro I like them both. I am looking at the Toro 22197 and the Snapper Pro SPCRP216019KWV. Both run the FJ180V. As I have this engine on most of my units now and have had VERY FEW problems ever I am not worried about that. The old decks have worked fine.

But as I am going to be getting new ones, I would like some idea of what you guys think of the new ones. I know the old this or that is great, but what about the 2010-2011 units? I have deals for both, and the snapper is cheaper, about a grand for the whole deal.

I am also updating equipment, trimmers, stick edgers, and backpack blowers.

I have some stihl and echo stuff now, but nothing is newer than 5 years old. Old 90's, 225, ect. Most of it works fine, but worried about taking on more business with old stuff.

So, you have a bunch of cash and have sold yourself on some new equipment. Would you go with the true 2strokes from Echo or the 4 strokes from Stihl??? I know my older stuff are both pretty equal. I have small issues with both, I used the echo oil in the echos and stihl oil in the stihls. Kinda a pain, but easy enough to train the guys on. Not sure it really matters, but I do not have lots of carbon build up on the units compaired to when I just ran basic cheap 2 stroke oil!!!!

I am thinking FS90's and FC90's on all the maintance trailers. FS110 and FC110 on the heavy duty cleanup trailer. BR600's everwhere. On the Echo side I am thinking SRM265 and PE265 on maintance On the clean up trailer SRM280 and with the 265 straight or 280. Big 770 blowers everwhere.

I have one br600 now and it seems it moves more air than the echo 755 I have. both are newer (last year). Have not used the new 770 yet. So any thoughts there would be great!

I sold off most of my really old stuff on craigslist, so need to move on this as cleanups are increasing and regular stuff is comming on line!!!!

I have heard bad stuff on the new Stihl stuff having more issues. I know I love that stihl blower I have.

Thanks everyone in advance. I know they are both good equipment, but I have having issues pulling the trigger.

If you aren't too far from Gassett's on Ferguson Rd. in Dallas please do yourself a favor and go get their YBravo 25" or 21" and demo it. I bought a 25" a few weeks ago and really like it. Way better than Exmark's dud Metro
26. I will give a full review here when I get more time on it. Will probably be buying a few more soon. I have run Toro and Honda in the past. This is supposed to be a sister company of Honda. The deck design looks like a Snapper, the wheels look like a Honda.

A friend of mine in Rockwall that owns a large company ran the 21's last year with great success. He had always run Toro's in the past. The 25" just came out. The parts are also cheaper than Toro or Honda. The price I paid was a couple hundred cheaper from the dealer than MSRP listed on the website. Also can order parts off the their site with prices listed.

Here is the website: ybravo.com

As far as Stihl. I have run a BR 550, BR 600, BG 86, FS 90R, FC 90, 100RX, HS 45, HS 81T, FS 130R, and attachments: pole saw, tiller, articulating hedge trimmer on the 90 and 130 for 2 seasons 5 days a week with 2 employees with no problems.

ncknaklawns
03-08-2011, 01:36 AM
Liberty,

Can you compare the HS81 T to the HS 45. I have the 45 with the 24" blade . Kind of heavy.

cms289
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Well, I think it will be Stihl. I am leaning toward the toro, but will go check out the 25. I am between 2 21's on each trailer or 1 21 and a ????

thanks for all the input!

torotorotoro
03-10-2011, 09:36 PM
21" ?...honda is the best

i would try using husqvarna handheld blowers and use honda or husqvarna trimmers

he did not ask about honda lol.he he no really i have the old toro with suskie and would also like to know how new ones hold up.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Liberty,

Can you compare the HS81 T to the HS 45. I have the 45 with the 24" blade . Kind of heavy.

You probably won't like the 81. It's 0.5 lb heavier than the 45.

dtc0207
03-10-2011, 10:14 PM
If it was me I would go echo less weight not valve adjustment higher rpm and if you want torque go with a srm-280t nothing stihl has can touch an Echo in side by side test period
Posted via Mobile Device