PDA

View Full Version : Equipment

billybob358
03-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has used the interchangable features of the trimmer that is offered by some companies. For insatance, changing the head from a trimmer to an edger etc. What are your thoghts and experiences? I am of the opinin that you get the best results from a dedicated piece of equipment but since my business is small maybe the the versaltality of the equipment will suffice.

Cheers

MumCity Landscaping LLC
03-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I do have my dedicated trimmer,but if i need to edge a sidewalk or trim a branch its always good to have. It dosnt take up much space. I use Tanaka and ive had good success with them and my dealer works right down the road so service is not a problem. Many guys on here will tell you different brands but its ultimatly up to you.

castlerockmo
03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm the same way I have all husqvarna 326/327ls but I have one 326ldx for my trimming,edging, and pole saw. I love that guy it mostly trims and has around 3000 hrs plus on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
03-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I have an ECHO PAS 265. I bought it for the articulating hedge trimmer. Its worth every penny spent. With the extension I can reach about 10 ft from the ground. Saves lots of time moving ladders. Many shrubs around homes don't require a ladder anymore. With the articulating head I can cut and shape shrub tops. I have an older ryobi, that I got from an uncle who passed away, with the pruning attachment and thats great also. When the ryobi dies I will buy the same type attachment for the 265. The 265 also acts as my trimmer back up in the trailer.

GordonCBP
03-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Check some reviews on the Smaft-Fit Tanakas they have a great reputation. Stay away from certain "cheap" brands like poulan and weedeater since these are light duty machines which I like to call "throw away" units cause when they break you just toss them due to the cost. Don't be fooled by the term Poulan uses like POULAN PRO its just a sticker and doesnt make the trimmer any better then it really is.

rob640
03-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I also use the echo pas and i love it.. Major down side imo is the weight.. i use mine mostly as a stick edger, but the trimmer does get used.. want to buy the pruning saw and hedge trimmer attachments.. Awesome machine, but like i said it is on the heavy side.