PDA

View Full Version : Fed up With Commercial Property Managers

GrassesGuy
03-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I'm so done with property managers that are tight wads and can't understand a contract or have no concept how grounds maintenance works. I got this commercial acoount that's got about 52 apartments in an average area. It all started last year when the newbie want a be manager approved the contract and we were on our merry way. First was the Spring Clean-up then the aeration and of course the pre emergent all the first day of April1 as she signed the contract that day screwing up my schedule. Not to mention pre-emergent couldn't wait any longer. So we go ahead and mow for the next 4 weeks as usual, everytyhing going smooth, then bill time. I send her the bill for April. If I recall it was like $700 something. Anyway she's like is the bill always this big? I said ya in the Spring and the Fall. She's like I'm on a budget now sir. I'm like to myself so what thats not my problem, not to mention I went over the contract with you that YOU signed (note don't say whats really on your mind unless you just lose it, which I've done). She then is like what is the
$89 charge for pre emrgent? I said the first of the six steps. she's like I thought the fert for the whole year was like $89. I said the fert alone costs more than that for the whole year, I don't set the prices on those products. She again is like I'm on a budget. :cry::cry::cry: and welcome to the wonderful world of property management. Buisness 101 in property management, If you got 52 units and want to keep people there or get new people than learn to cough up a several thousand a year for lawn maintenance and several thousand for snow removal. I think a years worth of rent for one rent can pay the maintenance and still reap a profit at the end of the day.

GrassesGuy
03-07-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm seriously considering subing this account out or selling the whole thing altogether. If anyone wants it let me know. There is some decent tail in the area if it's any kind of consultation prize. I can't wait until this year.

CircleC
03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Put her on a level payment from April to Dec and be done with it. She understands the monthly amount and you get your money. She can set a budget and will be happy. Besides she should know how everything is billed out and have a total for the year.

Thats how I do it...Good Luck.

djagusch
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Ask her what her budget is. See what you can offer to fit that budget. If you can't go over your current contract and explain that it doesn't fit her budget. See if she can adjust the budget some how or walk.
Posted via Mobile Device

QualityLawnCare4u
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM
As of this year I do not have a single commercial account left and I do not miss them! The taking 6 months to get paid, a differenet manager every few months, changing their mind every single day on what they want grrrr yeah, I really miss them! NOT!

QualityLawnCare4u
03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
As of this year I do not have a single commercial account left and I do not miss them! The taking 6 months to get paid, a different manager every few months, changing their mind every single day on what they want grrrr yeah, I really miss them! NOT!

ed2hess
03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Put her on a level payment from April to Dec and be done with it. She understands the monthly amount and you get your money. She can set a budget and will be happy. Besides she should know how everything is billed out and have a total for the year.

Thats how I do it...Good Luck.

They want the bills to be the same all year long...not up and down. Extra things like irrigation repair have to be approved.

Guzzo856
03-07-2011, 10:39 PM
omg I KNOW. The worst is snow removal, they tear u up if you dont have a crew in there when the last flake drops:cry: But you can only do your best

Tyner Lawn Service
03-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Welcome to bidding 101 in Omaha. I'm always amazed at how cheap commercial goes for or what managers don't understand. Not like the old days. Hope it works out for you.

GrassesGuy
03-09-2011, 09:38 AM
As of this year I do not have a single commercial account left and I do not miss them! The taking 6 months to get paid, a different manager every few months, changing their mind every single day on what they want grrrr yeah, I really miss them! NOT!

I like your logic and think I will phase some of mine out, hire another guy and do more residential's.