PDA

View Full Version : Which Briggs is Deere using in entry z/ts

jonathanone
03-07-2011, 04:45 PM
One dealer said Vanguard, but doesn't seem like there would be enough of a price difference to have made them go bs, another said els; anyone know which and if its Chinese?-its a bit hard to get this out but with the bigger air filter and oil cooler it is sort of impressive.

rwaters
03-07-2011, 06:49 PM
One dealer said Vanguard, but doesn't seem like there would be enough of a price difference to have made them go bs, another said els; anyone know which and if its Chinese?-its a bit hard to get this out but with the bigger air filter and oil cooler it is sort of impressive.

The stuff you can buy at home depot has an els engine. I am not aware of any vanguard engines on John Deere equipment. They seem to favor kaw engines on commercial grade equipment.

jonathanone
03-08-2011, 07:06 AM
rwaters, made a typo; its the Eztrak in both the 400/600 series, a high end homeowner model but seems to be solid and the engine choice is interesting. With everyone else having gone to the low end kawasaki models-FR, FS without the canister filter Deere took an unusual route-this Briggs has sort of a remote filter and an oil cooler. If I were in the market for one of these I may very well take a chance-my thinking is that even though it isn't a Donaldson type air filter the bs version is better than everything Kawasaki is offering on the non FX models and the oil cooler indicates, to me anyway, that someone has done a lot of thinking about the engine set up....
Barring an engine design problem better air filtration and cooler oil, especially on a zt HAS to mean much longer life.

Deere very well may have come up with the perfect high end homie/estate zt or, dare I suggest, entry level commercial ???

AND we all know that 'everyone really prefers to see green (e)'-darn I better copyright that asap...: I officially copyright that saying, its for sale----------

rwaters
03-08-2011, 12:41 PM
are you talking about the new briggs commercial turf series engine? That is an built on an intek block but it does have a nice designed air filter system. I will wait till the engine is out a while before I call it commercial.

jonathanone
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
No idea, guess I'll have to call the b/s M series for -mystery- between the air filter and the oil cooler its interesting, depending on what the insides are like-if its new then I agree, wait a while.

rwaters
03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
No idea, guess I'll have to call the b/s M series for -mystery- between the air filter and the oil cooler its interesting, depending on what the insides are like-if its new then I agree, wait a while.

Briggs had a new Commercial turf engine that they were showing pictures of at the update telling us how great it is. It was an upgraded intek with a really nice air filter system. The air filter I liked but the motor I question for commercial use. But I only saw photos I have not seen the engine.

jonathanone
03-08-2011, 07:28 PM
appreciate the info, tnks