PDA

View Full Version : First day of work today!

grassman177
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM
well, after what seems like a short winter, and after a week in florida:usflag:, our crews did the first day back at work.

today i did some easy landscape cleanups. only worked about 5.5 hrs,

kicked my ass!!!!!

silverwoolley
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Had our first day out last Saturday. When I got home I thought to myself. "Jeeze, we are slow!". Hoping it was just the first cut tall grass but man, we have to get quicker.

elitelawnteam1
03-07-2011, 07:38 PM
lucky, the grass is still brown and dry up in Chicago. it won't be 'till late march/early April that we get goin

someone fast forward mother nature about a month please!!

grassman177
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
grass is not green here yet, but spring flowers are growing. just getting started on cleanups. they are not too bad, but all the bending over gets to you, mowing is way easier!

KS_Grasscutter
03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I finished cutting down pampas grass today. Would like to get over about half my lawns by the end of week to clean up leaves. Probably be mowing weekly by the end of the month.
Posted via Mobile Device

robertsturf
03-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Got to try out the new 36 & 52 GS's today. Man are they fast and they bag great!! I was really impressed with the 36!! My back is tired too, as I get older the ground gets farther away!!. 3rd day out!! Going to break-in the Z=spray next week ordered our 1st app today!

kilgoja
03-07-2011, 11:48 PM
i cut two yards already that were all weeds lol....tomorrow i have to do a cleanup for a customer >.< lol...mowing is much easier

landers lawn
03-08-2011, 02:07 AM
i have been cutting for about 3 weeks.

Agape
03-08-2011, 03:27 AM
My first big job out of the winter was spreading 3 units of compost by hand in the rain (Heavy and sucked), kicked my ......

grassman177
03-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice fellas!

Taking today off due to rain chances and also because I need administrative time
Posted via Mobile Device

D&K Lawns
03-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Been mowing clover and onions because clients won't get on our spraying plan. They think if they are going to cut something, it should be the spray apps. For all you young whipper snappers out there, ALWAYS clean your deck and mower extremely well after cutting crap like clover, wild onion, and nutsedge cause you might become a seed donor to one of your really nice turf lawns. Just my experience. But I am just an old redneck lawn care dude.

buttaluv
03-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey Robert, let me know how you do with that z-spray, I'm going to start the end of this week with my new unit....I'm kind of nervous about it...I think I've got it calibrated (spreader)...not quite sure about that "accuway" deal yet!

robertsturf
03-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey Robert, let me know how you do with that z-spray, I'm going to start the end of this week with my new unit....I'm kind of nervous about it...I think I've got it calibrated (spreader)...not quite sure about that "accuway" deal yet!

I know its different than the Perma Green I have used for the last 5 yrs or so. Its just a matter of comfort. I'm not sure about the accuway yet either. Ralph aka Grassman177 told me to just yank it off because it clogs!! I know once I get used to it will be awesome!! BTW I used theirs for part of one day last summer and they were very easy to use.

What did you do with the anti-freeze in the tanks?

buttaluv
03-08-2011, 12:13 PM
I know its different than the Perma Green I have used for the last 5 yrs or so. Its just a matter of comfort. I'm not sure about the accuway yet either. Ralph aka Grassman177 told me to just yank it off because it clogs!! I know once I get used to it will be awesome!! BTW I used theirs for part of one day last summer and they were very easy to use.

What did you do with the anti-freeze in the tanks?

actually I left it in there, I probably won't spray any liquid for awhile yet, and I don't have a good heated space for it...I did notice there doesn't look like a drain on the bottom of the tank, I guess I'll spray it out the hand wand into a container....

grassman177
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
the accuway truely just cloggs up with fert, we finally removed ours for this year, only time they were needed anyways was for spreading seed, which we usually dont anyways.

as far as the anitfreeze, we use enviro safe rv stuff and mix right into it without draining it out. no issues and this is common practice as far as i know. saving it is a pain, we just get new every year

buttaluv
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
the accuway truely just cloggs up with fert, we finally removed ours for this year, only time they were needed anyways was for spreading seed, which we usually dont anyways.

as far as the anitfreeze, we use enviro safe rv stuff and mix right into it without draining it out. no issues and this is common practice as far as i know. saving it is a pain, we just get new every year

Do you have any problem with the product throwing heavier to the right? I thought about removing it, but was concerned I would need to adjust the pattern on each different product I use..

grassman177
03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
i thought i did, only to find out it was the accuway causing the need for it to begin with.

to explain better, when perfectly clean, without the accuway in place( as in pulled back and not in use) it spread perfect on everything we use. when it would start to need to be used(the accuway) i have found it is because of the buildup on the accuway itself causing the need to use it to even it back out.

make sense? it is easy to remove and reattach anyhow