PDA

View Full Version : To fellow Grandstand owners....

lawnkingforever
03-07-2011, 10:55 PM
I just bought a used Grandstand today. Overall I am very pleased with the unit. My question, how long is it going to take for me to master the controls. I almost hit my wife's SUV while parking it in the garage. I know their is a learning curve for everything, but I need some rough estimates. I hope to be mowing with it in a couple of weeks. Any tips to make this process move along a little quicker would be welcomed. :)

freshcutter
03-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I know it doesn't help, but my experience says it varies. My wife helps on occasion and still has some issues, I picked it up fairly quickly, and one of the guys that helps me as needed jumped on and took off like he'd done it before. Just spend time on it. I turned the hydros half way down while learning. Good luck and enjoy the GS, I know I do!

grassman177
03-08-2011, 11:51 AM
i would also recommend turning the hydros down with that great feature till you get the hang of it. makes the machine less responsive for just that reason.

robertsturf
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Slow down the speed control! If my wife can use it anyone can!!

lawnkingforever
03-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I did slow the speed control. It did help, once I get the hang of it, this mower should save me some time over my WB.

ncknaklawns
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
oh yeh, get some more get some more contracts now.

BrunoT
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
The one I demo'd was almost instantly usable with the speed dialed down about halfway. Nice feature for new users. I was able to make turns w/o tearing and hold straight lines within a couple minutes. If you're not used to hydro handles like on a ZTR, it probably takes longer as you are more used to having to manhandle the machine and push hard. Just baby it.