PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Trimmer Racks

Blessed 1
09-17-2002, 09:07 AM
While checking out the 600 mph blower I found a great deal on trimmer racks for your trailer for 69.99 at :

http://www.precoparts.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1015

Has any one tried these? I'll be the guinny pig.:D

Mr_Marc
09-17-2002, 09:35 AM
Looks like a knockoff of Trimmer Trap.

PaulJ
09-17-2002, 11:54 PM
I agree. That looks exactly like the holders of my two place "trimmer trap"

Scag48
09-18-2002, 12:11 AM
I'm thinking that I'm gonna pass on that set. I bought a 2 place Trimmer Trap TT-1 for $100 and Trimmer Trap is about as good as they get. I'll stick with the name brands, although that is a pretty good price.

bubble boy
09-18-2002, 08:14 AM
I have always just put the trimmer in the bed, i never realized the racks were so inexpensive!

is there a bracket to attach the trimmer trap to a trailer? or is it welded?

and i see people with racks on the bed, how are those attached?

thanks.

CMerLand
09-18-2002, 10:08 AM
I bought a rack set from a local company that I have been thrilled with since I got it. It is a three position weedeater rack plus two position backpack holder that can be bolted or welded to your trailer. The real nice feature of this rack is that you can lock in all three weedeaters in about 3 seconds with one lock, not a bunch of pins to lose or put in and pull out on every stop. The blower holders keep the blowers out of the debris in the truck. Made of tubular steel and strong enough to last forever.

You can kinda see the rack mounted to the trailer in the landscape section of their website www.ddtrailers.com. Would buy another one tommorrow if i needed it which is usually the best recommendation you can get.

CMerrick

TurfGuyTX
09-18-2002, 10:13 AM
I wanted to look at it, but the link above doesn't work.

Blessed 1
09-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Bubble Boy- They are not usually so inexpensive. They normally cost $100-!99.00. I have a set of home made ones now (My best friend is a welder) but I ordered a set of these because of the 1 lock for all three and mines does not have cushion on the J hook. They come with the brackets to mount on but I'll get my partner to weld them for greater security. Good Luck!:D

Mr_Marc
09-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Blessed1

I would bolt instead of welding if you sell the trailer you'll need new racks.(IMHO) Why spend the money?

TurfGuyTX
09-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Welding them would make them a little more secure. Did he say he's going to be selling the trailer? If he grows enough to have a need for another trailer, new trimmer racks shouldn't be a problem. Just my thoughts.

CMerLand
09-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Turfguy,

I fixed that link so that should help get you to that site where I bought my racks.

Secondly, Im with MRMarc. Always, always, always bolt your stuff onto your trailer. If properly bolted on, there shouldnt be a security issue with the racks coming lose. The reason I say bolt dont weld has nothing to do with selling the trailer.

Last year, I had a 89 year oldwoman drive up the back ramp gate of my trailer while it was parked by the side of the road. She racked the entire trailer and bent the trailer ball under the truck, along with the truck frame. The trailer was totaled but I was able to remove the jobbox/gas tank rack, cooler rack, and weedeater racks that I had at the time.

The insurance company may not reimburse you for welded on accesories that didnt come with the trailer. Its kinda like when your car is stolen right after you put new tires and rims on it. They dont care, your only getting what the value of the car was regardless of any modifications or accesories added later.

CMerrick

TurfGuyTX
09-18-2002, 11:38 AM
I had a friend who had his racks unbolted and his trimmers and racks stolen. I've used an angle grinder w/cutoff to remove welded accessaries to be moved. Whatever each of us are more happy with, is what we should do. If you like bolted racks, go for it. We all share our opinions and ideas. Good luck.

CMerLand
09-18-2002, 12:59 PM
Wow!!! Your friend must work in a pretty rough part of town and leave his equipment alone for extended periods for them to have the time to unbolt the racks to get to the weedeaters. Around here, the parts of town where someone would have the time and nerve to do that theres not a whole lot of lawn maintenance in that section. Guess I should count my suburban blessings.

Best of luck.

CMerrick

Blessed 1
09-18-2002, 02:24 PM
It sure helps when your best friend is a welder. He made the trailer( 6x12), so whenever I make modifications to it I always consult with him. In the past when we needed to move something he grinds it off. Appreciate ya Turfguy for taking up for me. If I did not have a welder so accessable I would definately have a different veiw. Any bankers out there need a best friend?:D :D :D :D :D

Barker's Lawn Care
09-18-2002, 09:40 PM
These were at the expo for $50 for the 2 place t rack. And yes they look just like the trimmer traps that i have. They also have a sulky with the caster wheels for $185!

go tohttp://www.mowersulky.com (http://mowersulky.com)

Hodge
09-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Hey, Barker's

the url did not work ???:dizzy:

Ryan Lightning
09-18-2002, 10:41 PM
try this one http://www.mowersulky.com/

Barker's Lawn Care
09-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Thanks Ryan, sorry about that. I should have checked it before i posted.

TurfGuyTX
09-19-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Blessed 1
While checking out the 600 mph blower I found a great deal on trimmer racks for your trailer for 69.99 at :

I went ahead and ordered some. I'll be a guinny pig too! At that price it's worth a shot.

LB Landscaping
09-19-2002, 09:19 PM
Turf & Blessed let us know when you get them in, I am definately interested in getting one. Thanks for being test pilots!!!!

Mr_Marc
09-20-2002, 01:11 PM
I'm on board with this one besides I need a place to store the back-up stuff. Price looks good too. If your still worried about theft I have an idea:dizzy: Have a friend weld a eye bolt to the rack and then chain it to the trailer rail.

Just my one penny.

gravedigger5
09-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Blessed 1, sorry I didn't get on this thread any sooner. Yes, I've got a set of these from Preco this spring. Found them on Ebay, Preco had about 70 sets listed for $69 and i think I was the only one who bid. Took a while to get them cause they were on back order, why they had them listed on Ebay and didn't have them on hand, don't know but I was a little perturbed.:mad: The racks themselves are decent, have had them on the trailer most of the season with the only issue being that the side opposite the lock side, the coating only goes down one side of the hangers, letting the other side rub and scratch up the aluminum trimmer shaft.:cry: Probably wrap some tape or something around it should be alright. I bolted mine on, but you guys that suggested welding, why not weld the bolt to the nut, won't come undone and all you have to do is grind the bolt off to put these on your next trailer. JMHO Marc

Mr_Marc
09-20-2002, 01:33 PM
I didn't think of that. Cool verry cool... Idea

LB Landscaping
09-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Hey Barker,
Did you buy the racks from mowersulky??? I checked them out they can send me a three place rack for $50 plus shipping. How was the quality???

TurfGuyTX
09-20-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Lightning
try this one http://www.mowersulky.com/

Their site doesn't try to hard to sell anything. How much are the blurred picture trimmer racks they sell?

Ryan Lightning
09-20-2002, 04:57 PM
gravedigger, does the rack take 1 lock, are 3?

LB Landscaping
09-20-2002, 07:46 PM
Turf guy I e-mailed them and they will ship me a three place trimmer rack for 57$ shipping included. It does not come with a padalock but does have the locking feature you just have to provide the padlock. Not sure if I'm going to get one. Picture is pretty crappy.

HarryD
09-20-2002, 11:14 PM
i contacted the mower sulky peeps and they sent me a up dated web site with prices and much better pics

http://www.db-group.net/

to me the precor ones look like you use a bungie to hold them on the racks

gravedigger5
09-20-2002, 11:34 PM
Ryan Lightning... gravedigger, does the rack take 1 lock, are 3? yes, they take 3 locks, haven't done it yet but think I could fabricate a rod of some kind to use only one lock on all three. HarryD... to me the precor ones look like you use a bungie to hold them on the racks Don't need any bungies on the Precor racks, but my trimmers do tend to rotake a little in transport. Marc

Blessed 1
09-21-2002, 06:53 AM
My homemade set has 3 locks. I purchased a 4 lock set. It is not bad espessially if you work alone because I only have to unlock what I am using, leaving the other 2 locked.

TurfGuyTX
09-27-2002, 11:21 AM
I haven't received the one I ordered yet. I'll let everyone know what I think as soon as I get them.

Hodge
09-27-2002, 04:47 PM
Iam in the same area as TurfGuyTX..given the price of $50.00 plus shipping. Will order soon and let everybody know also....

Mr_Marc
10-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Hey I got the Peco<sp> racks the other day. Look nice and work well. But if I were TrimmerTrap I'd be looking at a copyright infringement. The only noticeable difference was the J hook on the business end of the tool.

Ryan Lightning
10-15-2002, 12:52 AM
Did anyone get the trimmer rack from mowersulky, I ordered one a week ago, and was wondering how fast they shipped?
And do you guys like them?

TurfGuyTX
10-17-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by TurfGuyTX
I haven't received the one I ordered yet. I'll let everyone know what I think as soon as I get them.

I just wanted to let you guys know I got them. They are pretty decent racks. I'm going to do some modifying on them to suit a unusual set-up.

crawdad
10-17-2002, 09:23 AM
I followed the links, the price is 99.95. Where are you finding them for 57 dollars?
Crawdad

Blessed 1
10-17-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Blessed 1

I don't know about the $57 but they are 69.99 here.

gravedigger5
10-17-2002, 09:49 AM
I followed the links, the price is 99.95. Where are you finding them for 57 dollars? Crawdad, I just went to www.precoparts.com and checked, use the main page that comes up, scroll all the way to the bottom, its the last item down there and click on it. They were 69.99. Marc

Hodge
10-17-2002, 09:01 PM
This is an email I got from the manufact

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2002 9:40 AM

Buzzard, I check out Lawn Site sometimes. Its fun to read.
I need to know where you are located to determine if we have distribution in your area. If so I would inform you of a dealer location nearest you. If no distribution in your are we can ship to you direct. Your location will determine price.
To attach to trailer you can bolt it to the side rails. To attach to an enclosed you need to bolt the racks to 2x4s then bolt the 2x4 to the trailer wall. In either case it's pretty simple to install, you just need to be sure of the spaceing between the two ends of the rack to fit the length of your trimmers.
Rgds.
Chris Havener

chris@mowersulky.com

And Here is the price quote

We would have to direct ship. $50.00 plus shipping.
CH

:D :D

IBGreen
10-17-2002, 09:25 PM
600 mph blower? GIVE ME TWO OF EM!