PDA

View Full Version : Insurance companies

DLONGLANDSCAPING
03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Alright. My insurance policy is one month from expiring. I have auto owners. It have 1 million liabilty insurance with a 5 million umbrella. And 35k worth of equipment coverage. My deductable is 500 dollars. It has a marine something on it which is for stolen equipment coverage. My premium is around 1300 dollars per year or 1450 paid total if i finance it monthly. I usually just pay upfront and forget about it.

I see so many people who have State Farm for a lot cheaper so i called to get a quote and they said they didn't offer general liability insurance to Lawn maintenance businesses. Only Landscape Design firms. It didn't make sense at all, they said it was to much of a liability. Wouldn't a landscape design firm be digging, constructing, and doing more work with bigger equipment than just lawn maintenance?

Please let me know some good locations to call. I need insurance and i dont want to be paying 1300 dollars for liability insurance if i can get the same coverage cheaper with another company

wvaughn7
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Here in Tennessee it was 628 for a year with Erie insurance. Now this did not have the 35k of coverage for equipment only 10k. The deductible was also 500 dollars and they don't charge extra for paying in payments. They do not allow monthly payments but they will go quarterly even though this won't affect you since you already pay it all at once.
Posted via Mobile Device

soloscaperman
03-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I guarantee you can get a better price but the catch is they will start raising the price.

That's how insurance companies work they will beat the price and slowly raise it hoping you wouldn't notice and they don't expect you to waste time shopping around. For the best price shop around every 2-3 years.

ncknaklawns
03-08-2011, 03:07 PM
That price you had seems petty good if it included the umbrella of 5 mil. Which company? if you don't mind me asking.

Guzzo856
03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
With Farm and family im paying around $6,000 a year for $2,000,000 in coverage for snow removal and landscaping

Scagmower48
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
$6000 a year seems really high

DLONGLANDSCAPING
03-08-2011, 03:50 PM
honestly why would you be paying that much. What is included in your plan. My agent does many different companies but he says auto owners is a no ask company. If they get a claim, they go with the first statement said by the claimer and give them what they paid for. Or cut a check to get it fixed.

I checked with my agent about why the 6,000 dollars per year, he said the only way it would be more than 2k would be if you make a claim every year for 5 years. Or 3 claims over 10k in one year. I made a claim on my commercial auto coverage and my premium isn't going to be raised at all since it was my first offense. Another offense and it will be raised 21% higher.

I guess im looking to spend under 1k. What are other people paying for around the same coverage?

Guzzo856
03-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I get insurance for both trucks $2,800 for both/ plowing insurance for both trucks $2500 for both/ non owner liability insurance $100/ i also have $2,000,000 business coverage/Workers comp/Trailer insurance/ And coverage on all equipment under5K. I do live in nj where its the most expensive. This was by far the best quote i got.