PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with mower decision

DocClark
03-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I have the option to buy a 36" Bobcat Ransomes about 250 hours, looks clean, or a 48" Scag 2000 hours owned entirely by a gentleman that also owns a repair shop and it has a brand new motor within 500 hours ago. Both are 1800 dollars. Both have velke and baggers. This will be my main mower in the Pacific Northwest.

I'm concerned about getting the Scag through gates. Which one do you guys think I should get, or should I save my 1800 dollars and just push mow everything with my 21"....Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

pjnlandscape
03-08-2011, 09:43 PM
My 36 bobcat does everything I need it to do, bags well, bulls me on a proslide etc...It fits through most gates I have dealt with so if you are really concerned about the gate issue go with the 36 you wont be sorry.

DocClark
03-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Cool, thank you for the info...after I posted this I stumbled across a 1 owner Ferris Hydrocut 32 " with all maintenance records. Used 3 years part time and comes with sulkey and grass catcher...Only 700 dollars...this option added another one into the mix. I was done looking and had decided I would get one of those two and this got thrown in front of me.