PDA

View Full Version : Employee Incentives ?

getingitwet123
03-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Thinking about a way to get the guys motivated this sesaon with incentives. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Green Feet Lawn
03-08-2011, 05:29 PM
If my guys come in and work, I will give them a paycheck at the end of the week.

Landrus2
03-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Got to give them more money that is the only incentive they understand
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

grassman177
03-08-2011, 05:32 PM
always popular production bonuses

they have to account for f ups too though.
also, the bonus can be made known with certain attainable goals for production(which also takes in account for f ups) to match certain bonus dollars. the rest is math on your part to find the right numbers

we take our crew leaders on a weeks vacation before the season starts from last years production. you must hit a quota to go.

vacation is paid for completely including food.

i realize this is big, but gives an example

Landrus2
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=grassman177;3929007]always popular production bonuses

they have to account for mess ups too though.
also, the bonus can be made known with certain attainable goals for production(which also takes in account for mess ups) to match certain bonus dollars. the rest is math on your part to find the right numbers

we take our crew leaders on a weeks vacation before the season starts from last years production. you must hit a quota to go.

just for him or for all family :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Green Feet Lawn
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM

Are you hiring?

grassman177
03-08-2011, 08:07 PM
crew leaders only, quotas met of course, and we are not hiring!! not now anyways.

93Chevy
03-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Benefits and possibility of advancement and a "fun but professional" atmosphere. And of course steady hours.

You'll get the career employees, more or less, not the summer college kids. Summer workers care about cash, guys trying to raise a family need money and help in other areas.

JB1
03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
we have a drawing every week and the winner gets a gallon of ice cream, there choice of flavors.

JFGLN
03-08-2011, 11:36 PM
We offer a bonus if you stay the whole season. $100 per month

Stillwater
03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
ditto on post #2

Brodie
03-09-2011, 05:33 AM
It is well recognized while money is always appreciated workers get more of an incentive in other areas.

I did a course not long ago and we talked about incentives to offer to employees to motivate good work.

promoting people through the company.

ongoing education or upgrading qualifications.

job rotation.

a good work environment.

staff days or nights out to build a social work force (working in team environments can restrict the amount of time your workforce spends together and essentially may lead to people not getting to know their peers)

management needs to set clear goals.

incentives need to be given only for above average performance (if you reward for every good thing then the reward looses its incentive to work harder for it)

what employees need to do to gain a work reward needs to be clearly set out so everyone knows what is required.

Grassman you have what seems like a very good incentives program. Does meeting targets also gain rewards for workers other than supervisors though?

Obviously not all of these above mentioned incentive programs are applicable to everyone but my point was mainly that the good people that are working for you are not necessarily looking for money to be handed out. Job security and a good working environment is of higher importance.

Ted at HindSite
03-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Had a customer who said they put up a board in the shop tracking productivity for everyone to see. I don't think they give any monetary bonuses, they just sit back and watch the guys compete with each other.

bohiaa
03-12-2011, 04:04 PM
We useually go on vacation at the end of the year.

I try to make it some place warm, and active, last year we went to Peru and hiked Machu Picchu.

and YES, everyone wants to work for me

fivestarlandscapes
03-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Having an employee handbook with an outlined yearly raise structure works. Either a 0, 3, or 6 percent raise based on performance, dependabilty and not having preventable equipment problems or accidents. Have your reviews at the end of each season. The good guys that get the full 6% stay. The guys who dont get a raise you dont want back anyway and they tend to find something else on their own.