PDA

View Full Version : what works best for hanging on doors? wha to pay to deliver?

grass disaster
03-08-2011, 06:27 PM
how do you attach things to doors?...knobs?

i can see how a door hanger works ok on knobs but what do you do for screen doors?

also do you knock ot just leave it at the front door?

also i have a guy i work with that has off monday thru thursday? whats a reasonable rate to pay him to deliver these door to door?

Houston Wyatt
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
We started putting ours out not this last Monday but the Feb 28th. I expected it to go alot faster than what it did though. We were able to pass them out 4 days of the whole week, due to rain and other unexpected things. Just me and one other guy. Out of those 4 days we only got out about 1500, which was quit sad.
Out of those 1500, these are the call break downs:
-Spring Cleanup calls: 2; Got: 1
-Weekly Maintenance calls: 2; Got 1
-People wanting a job: 2
So it wasn't the turnout i had hoped for. But we still got 8500 more to put out so maybe it'll turn around. But one suggestion I will make is to not hire some one to pass them out, at least not without you. That's just asking for someone to take your money without doing any work. I was planning on paying a 12 year to help us like .10 for each one he got out, but of course I was watching him from a short distance. Plus its good exercise before the season starts.

phillie
03-10-2011, 03:27 AM
On screen doors I kinda fold them just enough to stay in the handle and still be visible. Or just shut them in the door. I will tell you this, I did 500 in 1 day by myself and my feet felt so bad I couldnt walk the next day. I tried to go out the next day and almost had to crawl back to my truck. That was my first time doing it without knocking on doors and I dont know how well it worked but I feel I get better results when I can talk to the people. So you can look at it 1 of 2 ways. Slow down and knock, talk to people and have a better sales %. Or just hang them get more out and that will lessen your %. Good luck on whatever you do.

Houston Wyatt
03-10-2011, 03:30 AM
On screen doors I kinda fold them just enough to stay in the handle and still be visible. Or just shut them in the door. I will tell you this, I did 500 in 1 day by myself and my feet felt so bad I couldnt walk the next day. I tried to go out the next day and almost had to crawl back to my truck. That was my first time doing it without knocking on doors and I dont know how well it worked but I feel I get better results when I can talk to the people. So you can look at it 1 of 2 ways. Slow down and knock, talk to people and have a better sales %. Or just hang them get more out and that will lessen your %. Good luck on whatever you do.
What do you feel is your sales % when you knock on doors and talk to people?
Oh and yeah it will kill your feet. Don't wear your work boots, put on some running shoes some nikes something like that. Comfortable shoes with some good soles.
Posted via Mobile Device

phillie
03-10-2011, 03:33 AM
I figure I am at about 10%. I noticed that when I dont I only get about a 2% call back. To me it is money down the drain hanging all those hangers and getting less of a return. Other people may have different results I'm sure.

ef200098
03-10-2011, 05:05 PM
I have 10,000 going out next wednesday. Cost me .07 per, to distribute. I had controll over exactly what neighborhoods to advertise in. I will be driving around in a non-company car to spot check the entire day. I pay at the end of the day. Not pre-pay.

Mike

Houston Wyatt
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I have 10,000 going out next wednesday. Cost me .07 per, to distribute. I had controll over exactly what neighborhoods to advertise in. I will be driving around in a non-company car to spot check the entire day. I pay at the end of the day. Not pre-pay.

Mike
That's it?? $700 to distribute 10,000 doorhangers? Nice.
Posted via Mobile Device

ef200098
03-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, its a small business that does it around here. All the big boys wanted .10 per for 10k.

Mike

Houston Wyatt
03-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah, its a small business that does it around here. All the big boys wanted .10 per for 10k.

Mike

Do you have an expected return rate for all those? If so, what? And if you don't mind me asking, about what are the values of the houses your marketing?
Posted via Mobile Device

rnd
03-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Visit our website at rndsigns.com or call us at 800-328-4009 to request FREE sample packet.

We have great discounts on all promotional pieces at affordable prices.

ef200098
03-10-2011, 06:17 PM
I hope to see 2%. I would be happy with 1.5 though. Average home value is 200-250k. Most family incomes in these neighborhoods is 100k+.

Anything less than 1% is a problem with distribition. I told my guy this as well, so he knows the heat is on.
Posted via Mobile Device

grass disaster
03-10-2011, 06:21 PM
i always thought a segway would be good for this.

Houston Wyatt
03-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I hope to see 2%. I would be happy with 1.5 though. Average home value is 200-250k. Most family incomes in these neighborhoods is 100k+.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah that's the same target here. I, myself would be extremely happy with 1% - 1.5%. I'm just trying to fully book me and a helper to start with this year, no more. But good luck and keep us updated!

TheBetterDoorhanger
03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
how do you attach things to doors?...knobs?

I can see how a door hanger works ok on knobs but what do you do for screen doors?

I noticed this posting about how to attach door hangers to screen doors as well as doors / knobs in general. We have a solution that not only keeps your advertisement on the door / screen door / etc. but also allows your customer the option to bring it inside & post it to the refrigerator so it will stay in view & top of mind when your customer is ready to make that crucial purchasing decision.

Our Band-It Stick-It door hangers are a cost effective way to keep the ad off the lawn & in your customers view. Our Band-It feature is specifically designed to easily & securely attach your advertisement to EVERY door. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost!

We have great start up specials on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It® products and even offer free CUSTOM design services if you mention this forum post! (No hidden costs – talk to a live customer service rep – lots of Lawn & Landscaping designs to choose from as well)

5,000 only $349 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
2,500 only $199 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING & GROUND UPS SHIPPING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock
ALSO 9"x6" FULL COLOR POST CARDS (with Stick-It) mailed & postage included as low as $0.26 each.
SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

www.AdeasPrinting.com/door-hangers
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

stang2244
03-12-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of crap for this but.....try skates. I walked around passing door hangers out 2 years ago and could only get about 50 out per hour. Last year I dusted off the old skates and I could do about 110-120 per hour. Some may think this is ridiculous, but it gets the job done a whole lot faster. I found some younger people that new how to skate decent and it was much more efficient. That being said, it is still a logistics nightmare to organize the distribution of any significant amount of door hangers. After my current stock of door hangers is gone I will be switching to the postcard mailers. This way they are all sent out at once and you can do repeat mailings without too much hassle. The cost is a little more per piece but I believe it's worth avoiding the headache.

If I could find a company that would pass door hangers out for .07 cents each I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

As far as a return, I would be happy with a .5 or 1/2% return rate. I think you will find the 1 and 2% return to be few and far between.