PDA

View Full Version : What Model is this and what is it's Worth?

Gravely_Man
09-17-2002, 11:18 AM
Hello, I have talked with a seller of a Gravely and gotten the following Information:
a) $750.00 or best offer
b) Has a mulch kit install
c) 16 HP Twin Cylinder Briggs & Stratton engine
d) He bought it used from someone else for 1700.00......doesn't know if they were the original owners.
e) PTO switch is loose doesn't always engage the blades. This will need to be replaced.
f) Deck is fixed rather then floating but he believes that you can just pull some pins to make it floating
g) Hasn't been run other then just started occasionally for a year.
h) Doesn't know what model it is.
i) Recent Belts

What model is this, what is it worth, when was it built & what should I check before I purchase it?

I have not gone to see the machine, as it is 2 hrs from me. Please let me know all you can on the above

parkmaster
09-17-2002, 12:00 PM
post a pic & see what response you get.

Gravely_Man
09-17-2002, 02:29 PM
I don't have a picture nor will I get one unless I drive to take it. The machine is 2hrs from me and the seller doesn't have a clue about it.

Any other ideas?

Gravely_Man
09-17-2002, 04:00 PM
I accidentally left out the following. It has a 36" deck on it. It is definitely not a convertible tractor but a full time mower. Hopefully this will help to narrow it down.

Thank you again,
Gravely_Man

The Gladiator
09-17-2002, 05:25 PM
It sounds like a Pro 200 Model 988081 which was made between 1995 ~ 1998. If it's in good shape it would be well worth the $750. New it sold for about $4,000.

Hand safety switches need to be checked out.

If it's not been used for a while you may need to take the carb
off and clean the old gas out, maybe even need to soke in carb
cleaner if you have skunk gas.

Other than that it is a solid unit.

Gravely_Man
09-19-2002, 08:54 AM
Thank you very much for the information. Have a great day!