PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist feedback

BLC1
03-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Have you guys had any success posting craigslist ads for your business? I tend to think that the response wouldn't be great and the response would also be from bargrain hunters.

Let me know what has worked or not worked for you. What kind of ads did you run on there? Did you run professional looking ads or just run a couple lines of text with your number and website. Is my thinking correct about a low response and the response being the customers you don't want anyway?

1MajorTom
03-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I posted an ad on there this morning. I don't expect much, if anything at all.
And I would be SHOCKED if we actually obtained a good customer from it.

I ran an unconventional ad, just for the heck of it. Just to try to stand out from the other masses where everything sounded the same.

THEGOLDPRO
03-09-2011, 11:53 AM
works from time to time, its hit or miss.

kirkmbrown2001
03-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Here is my Craigslist ad: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/fgs/2255766175.html

Made it myself!

I repost every 2 days, I have yet to get a customer from it...

LoweJ82
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
nothing yet this year with it.

Past Ive gotten $100 15 minute jobs and Ive gotten jobs that was $5k+

its hit and miss with it, lately more miss......

mrlandscaper
03-09-2011, 07:26 PM
All I have got so far was spam and one guy that called me asking if I was hiring.

FLAhaulboy
03-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I gets tons of work from Craig's re hauling jobs. I post under the Labor/Moving section. I try to repost every week.

JFGauvreau
03-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Didn't had success yet, but plan using it much more this year. Actually I had 1 quote for a job, but it was way to far for me to drive.

kilgoja
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
i can't stand craplist....i put an add on there last year...i still get spam email from it >.<..and i never got a customer from it

Flatop
03-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Nice website link from your add on CL. I use Craigslist and yes I do get spam but have acquired half my customers from CL. From CL comes word of mouth. You can't beat free advertisement.

ef200098
03-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I use CL, and got a decent amount of customers from it. Not lowballers either. People that just dont know where to start to find help, start there. Just be polite and treat them just as another customer. I try to update every other day, most of the time, it ends up being 3-4 days. Update early in the morning works good for me as it will be at the top of the list when people are searching through, during work.

Mike

FLAhaulboy
03-10-2011, 09:57 PM
i can't stand craplist....i put an add on there last year...i still get spam email from it >.<..and i never got a customer from it

You can "hide" your email on Craig's & they cannot send you any email spam period. I don't want potential clients emailing me, thence they have to call me instead.

Pressedun
03-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Man, Craigslist has been awesome for me.

I've landed half of my clients from it and they've spread my name to people they know.

First two jobs on CL that I did landed me about $3,000 in work not to mention that they still come back to me. I estimate that 60% of my gross last year was from CL customers, have had a couple people wanting work for next to nothing but you're going to get that anyway. I'd say I've closed on 75% of the estimates that I've done on CL, definitely going to keep using it.