PDA

View Full Version : truck signage/ advertising ? HELP

teejet
03-09-2011, 01:46 PM
I would like to letter my truck, the problem is my company name is _____ Landscaping LLC. I want to letter it as _____ Lawn and Landscaping LLC. I don't want to go to the trouble of filing for a name change and all that.
Does anyone know if this ok? I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Also I would like to advertise under this name also.

kilgoja
03-09-2011, 01:49 PM
well that's a bad idea in my opinion...don't wanna confuse people...just use your name and then under it you can say you do lawns too...like put your name and then under it list your services you offer...or you could just change your name lol

torotorotoro
03-09-2011, 01:54 PM
well that's a bad idea in my opinion...don't wanna confuse people...just use your name and then under it you can say you do lawns too...like put your name and then under it list your services you offer...or you could just change your name lol

lol,lol lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,lol,

GMLC
03-09-2011, 02:58 PM
I would just go ahead and legally change the business name to avoid any future problems. Wouldn't want to pay all that money to letter your truck and have to remove it.

MOHUSTLER
03-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Its just the lettering on your truck you can make it say bubba mow blow bla bla bla. Its not a legal name and there is no law that says your truck has to be your exact business name.

GMLC
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Its just the lettering on your truck you can make it say bubba mow blow bla bla bla. Its not a legal name and there is no law that says your truck has to be your exact business name.

All true, but you cant legally put another persons business name on your truck. So he needs to register to make sure the name isn't taken. Also he can get in trouble if he is "doing business as" a name other than his own unless registered. So its not just as simple as putting what ever name you want on your truck and advertisements. Spend the 50 bucks and do it right.

teejet
03-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I am pretty sure it is OK. Just wanted to see if anyone on here has done that. Your right it does only cost $40 to change names, although I don't think it is a must.