PDA

View Full Version : Questions about scag and and taxes. Help is needed.

Kleen Kutz
03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Ok guys, I changed my hourmeter on my scag that stop working. But once I did that the new one still don't work. Any reason why it shouldn't work?

And do you guys only file taxes on customers that gives you a 1099 form? :confused:
thanks for the assistance!!!:waving:

oldclawn
03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
1)possible bad ground

2)file taxes on ALL YOUR INCOME--

3)asking a tax question on this site means that you need to HIRE a professional accountant or tax preparation firm to handle all your bookwork. Do that quick before you do something you might regret.

kilgoja
03-09-2011, 08:58 PM
none of my customers give me a 1099 form lol...i still file taxes

Flatop
03-09-2011, 11:30 PM
keep very good records.

CLS LLC
03-10-2011, 12:57 AM
What are theses taxes you speak of?

On a serious note it is especially important to pay taxes on 1099 income because the IRS has already received verification, from your customer, that you made that money.

As for the hour meter, you will need to track the wires going to it. It could be a bad ignition switch, a bad wire, or a bad ground connection. And don't throw away the old meter because it was likely just fine.

MOHUSTLER
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Its not worth playing the cat and mouse game with the IRS. Just pay them and sleep easy knowing that when you get that random audit that there will be no problems.

And hour meeter problem, bad wire between the system somewhere. Get a volt meeter and test wires.

Kleen Kutz
03-10-2011, 08:40 PM
so you even file taxes on your residential customers. the only license I have is an occupational. all I have is about 40 yards and a couple of apartment complexes. but the owners of the complexes now wants to start with the 1099 form this year.