PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy good low cost hour meter for my eXmark metro wb?

Southern Pride
03-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Couldn't really find any better section to post this, but I bought my metro last season with about 300 hrs (who knows) and that's why I want an hour meter here before april to keep track of the hrs from now on.

I noticed there is a little thin piece cut out near the throttle where an hour meter could go so looking for one that might fit in there and that requires no wiring. Let me know what yall got!

-sp

sjessen
03-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Tiny tach. Aftermarket parts house should sell them or get one at your dealer.

Southern Pride
03-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Is Aftermarket sparts house an online store? How much do they usually go for.

Let me ask a question about these meters they don't need any wiring correct? They automatically start recording hours somehow electrically by the engine being on? I don't quite understand how they work.

sjessen
03-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Is Aftermarket sparts house an online store? How much do they usually go for.

Let me ask a question about these meters they don't need any wiring correct? They automatically start recording hours somehow electrically by the engine being on? I don't quite understand how they work.

The tiny tach I have does not have any wiring. My reference to aftermarket parts houses was generic reference. I think a couple of them advertise on Lawnsite. Can't exactly say what the price is but would guess somewhere in the $50 range.

CoupesCuts
03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
eBay - SenDec hour meter. They make a surface mount and a flush mount. They also make hour only and also tach/hour. I usually get them around $35. Theyre on all my machines. They work by running a piece of wire to your spark plug wire and wrapping it around a few times. That's all the "wiring" you'd need to do. It just senses spark to let it know the engine is running.

dslc
03-10-2011, 12:02 AM
tractor supply co.

Southern Pride
03-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Okay great guys thanks for all the responses I hope I can find one to fit the cut out on my machine perfectly.

Tennesseepowerstroke
03-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Okay great guys thanks for all the responses I hope I can find one to fit the cut out on my machine perfectly.

Northern Tool in Memphis has the SenDec model for around $40.

lawnkingforever
03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I just bought one for my DR brushmower to keep track of oil and filter changes. It was 30$. It has the hour/tach meter. Just like Coupescuts said, just run the wire down to the sparkplug wire and wrap around it. I used a couple of plastic ties to hold the wire in place. Very easy, but my DR already had a place on the control panel for a meter, I only had to pop out a piece of plastic to mount it.

avguy
03-10-2011, 05:25 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/avguywife/DSC_0039.jpg
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/avguywife/DSC_0040.jpg

Southern Pride
03-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Ok great. Thanks for the pics guys. Very simple.