PDA

View Full Version : synthetic lawn install

sven1277
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I have a customer interested in fake grass. Looked into it some. Not very difficult to install, but it is expensive. Between $3-5 per sf. just for the material. I have an 8k sf lawn. Anyone have experience in this area?

h2oskier
03-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Let the customer know the price per sq. ft. This usually changes their mind as to the artificial turf idea. Unless the customer has a unlimited budget i would definately be hesitant to even bid. Reason for this as the prep work to apply artificial turf can get expensive also.

HPSInc
03-10-2011, 02:26 AM
I bought that stuff for a dog kennel i did. Its very durable stuff and very expensive. The 10 x 10 kennel was i believe 250 bucks in astro. You spike it in. I used huge spikes from lowes. They hide in the fakeness of the grass once you spike them in. Your supposed to use sand and brush it into the astro to get it to stand up. I also dug the kennel out and put in about 6 inches of stone underneath for drainage. Its perforated, so you would probably have to do something along those lines so water wouldnt build up underneath and puddle up on it. You wouldnt know from walking on it, that there is 6 inches of stone underneath it. Not sure how it has to be installed for yards but yea it looks nice when done. People couldnt even tell it was fake!