PDA

View Full Version : echo bp blower

snapper
09-17-2002, 08:33 PM
If you remember a while back I was given an echo PB-600E BP blower. Does anyboy on here use on, or ever use one? Do they work pretty good for leaves? I would like comments from any one who uses or use to use one. And finally, any tips for a biggener for herding leaves into piles, or across yards? or away from obstacles and such? Do you prefer to use the curved tip on the end of the tube, or do you remove it? Thanks again for all the help, Snapper...

yardman1
09-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Go for the pb-650, it is very strong. I have never used a pb-600 so I can commet on that, but I do own a 650 and love it.:D

Nelson
09-17-2002, 10:03 PM
I have a PB 600 & Love it...........

Hope this helps......:D

Darryl G
09-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Snapper - Can't comment on the Echo, but as far a technique...you'll figure it out pretty quick. One thing that may help - if you have a large pile of leaves you want to move, start from the top of the pile. If you blow at the bottom, it tends to just blow them straight up in the air. Personally, if the pile gets to big to move easily, I just blow it onto a tarp and drap it to where I want it.

dlandscaping
09-17-2002, 11:19 PM
I use stihls. Last year I used that curved end tube. It is good in two cases, when leaves are in certain small bushes and around curves and curbs. I took the tube off this year. It blows leaves all over near the curb but i feel it is better.
For blowing large piles across lawns, Sorry it doesnt happen. I have a 10hsp billygoat wheeled blower and even i get piles i cant even dent with that machine. If you want to waste gas and time, you can work top to bottom on piles or better yet, walk through them and kick the leaves down it actally works. You may need tarps to move huge piles and then blow over that area. Try to clear the bulk amount of leaves out first, then use the bp.

RedOak
09-18-2002, 12:43 AM
I usually try to find out which direction the wind is coming from(if over 3-5mph), then visualize areas to blow debri to, for bagging, tarping, or vacuuming and use the wind with my back.