PDA

View Full Version : Leaves in the spring?

kilgoja
03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think it's weird that some people still have leaves in their yards in march?...Why do some people wait until spring to cleanup their yards?....i've always cut my leaves with the mower during the fall and when spring comes there is no cleanup to be done because there are no leaves on the ground...there sure aren't any on the trees that are falling off lol...i dunno this is just something that's weird to me..any comments on this?

sweetz
03-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Down here the leaves are falling right now.

KS_Grasscutter
03-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Various trees drop leaves throughout the winter. Plus leaves blow around neighborhoods all winter as wind changes and whatnot.

kilgoja
03-10-2011, 12:52 AM
there are 0 leaves in my yard right now...shrugs

lotsagrass
03-10-2011, 04:52 AM
I have plenty of leaves in my yard. They blow around all winter. Mainly oak leaves. I've blown them and mowed them already in fall....but more blow in from other areas. So it's not weird for me to have them :)

Merkava_4
03-10-2011, 05:17 AM
I've got a big ash tree out front. After leaves have quit falling, and after the new leaves have
finished blooming, then you get the seed pods falling down. It's a double whammy.

ashgrove landscaping
03-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Exactly what everyone else said. Think of it as job security and some early work for the spring.

Landrus2
03-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Got to love those leaves

1MajorTom
03-10-2011, 09:04 AM
We have customers where we have given a spotless cleanup in the fall, to go back in March to find that all their beds and shrubs have leaves wedged in them..... All because their neighbors do not clean their leaves. :hammerhead:

CLARK LAWN
03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
we had a late leaf drop here, some trees didnt drop til after thanksgiving and we got snow a few days later and it stuck around for the rest of the winter. i have 15-20 cleanups to do as soon as it gets dry enough to walk on peoples lawn.

yardguy28
03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think it's weird that some people still have leaves in their yards in march?...Why do some people wait until spring to cleanup their yards?....i've always cut my leaves with the mower during the fall and when spring comes there is no cleanup to be done because there are no leaves on the ground...there sure aren't any on the trees that are falling off lol...i dunno this is just something that's weird to me..any comments on this?

i think it's just you.......

it probably depends on location but i know in my neck of the woods leaves in the spring are a very common thing. thats what spring clean ups are for.

most people have some leftover leaves from fall that either fell from the trees or blew in from neighbors properties after the final fall clean ups last year.

also some trees are very late dropers. my neighbor has a tree that has held it's leaves all winter and just now is dropping them.

i can't imagine not doing spring clean ups. the season would be shorter if we didn't have spring clean ups. in my neck of the woods grass cutting doesn't usually start until the middle to end of april. we start at the end of march beginning of april doing spring clean ups, putting down mulch and pruning shrubs. then by the end of april beginning of may we are ready to cut grass.

03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
The only leaves in my yard are from my neighbors who refuse to get theirs up during the winter. As a result it is a ongoing battle with the wind because they always blow in my yard.

torotorotoro
03-10-2011, 12:04 PM
i love doing leaf cleanups in december and cleanups in march . cant mow yet but i love the $$. lol,lol.

lawnpro724
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Every year we do both fall and spring cleanups.

kilgoja
03-10-2011, 12:13 PM
i noticed that most everyone that posted lives farther north than where i live...it must be different up there...i can look outside right now and trees (woods) are everywhere and there is not one single leaf on any of them lol...the only trees that have anything on them are the pine trees and they are green...those aren't actually leaves lol...we are starting mowing next week here...1/2 way through march :)

Clark Griswold
03-10-2011, 12:15 PM
and whatnot.

A lot of "whatnot" here!

kilgoja
03-10-2011, 12:28 PM
here's a pic...been flooding here lol...look in the background...only tree that has anything on it is a pine tree

http://i55.tinypic.com/5jttop.jpg

Patriot Services
03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Yesterday it was literally raining pollen and leaves. We went 4 for 4 on cleanup estimates. Got great prices for them too. Today started with a downpour and a ton of debris blowing around.
Posted via Mobile Device

kilgoja
03-10-2011, 12:49 PM
yeah i'm not talking about debris like limbs and such...just talking about leaves lol

sweetz
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Yesterday it was literally raining pollen and leaves. We went 4 for 4 on cleanup estimates. Got great prices for them too. Today started with a downpour and a ton of debris blowing around.
Posted via Mobile Device

IT'S RAINING, IT'S RAINING!!!! I agree with you, over here not that far from you, it's raining water, leaves and pollen!:waving:

kilgoja
03-10-2011, 03:59 PM
ugh i hate pollen lol...yellow stuff everywhere....haha

sweetz
03-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Ya! My wife & I are also really allergic to the stuff! :cry::dizzy::cry:

torotorotoro
03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
ugh i hate pollen lol...yellow stuff everywhere....haha

lol,lol.me too,lolol

kilgoja
03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
i'm not allergic i just like to keep stuff clean...that stuff starts getting inside your truck and whatnot...gets on my nerves lol

sweetz
03-11-2011, 12:01 AM
i'm not allergic i just like to keep stuff clean...that stuff starts getting inside your truck and whatnot...gets on my nerves lol

Trust me, I know! I park my truck under the 3 live oaks in my yard! Gotta wash the truck at least weekly - plus it's white, well, yellow this time of the year!:dizzy: