PDA

View Full Version : Which mower

GUMCOVE
03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
I am in the market for a 60" mower and can not deside which one i want. I am looking at the ferris 1500, scag wildcat, ex mark lazer s and counrty clipper charger. The scag and ex mark are about a $1,000.00 more the the others, is it work the extra thousand for the scag or exmark. I am leaning toward the country clipper. What are your oppions?

MOHUSTLER
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Scag and exmark are deffently in your top tier of mowers. And with thier technology they will be worth the extra money for sure.

Landrus2
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
I like exmark it holds up pretty well to hard work

DavisLawn
03-10-2011, 09:09 AM
i cant speak for scag, ive heard great things about them.... but i have all exmarks and i'd highly recommend them.... mine are a year and a half old and i havent had any problems so far...before this i had another exmark for 3 years and it gave zero problems....very dependable...

My first mower was a country clipper and if they havent changed, you'll make up for that thousand you save in maintenance.... there was always something wrong with mine once the new wore off.

ashgrove landscaping
03-10-2011, 09:18 AM
To have a better comparison, you should be considering the ferris 2000 series. And that gets my vote. Demo all of them and see for yourself. They all hold their own. Best ride, durability and cut goes to the ferris easily. Best cut and durability, the scag. I don't care for the others. Ferris or scag and you can't go wrong.

03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
I personally love John Deere and that being said have also have had a scag which is also very good. But go with the one that you will get the best service from even if you have to travel a little bit. If you can't get service it doesn't matter how good of a deal you get. I have great service from Deere, and Scag but Deere is five minutes away.

Dogbonz
03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Would you prefer a Hummer,or Ford 4x4, a Cadillac or a Chevy, a Lexus or a Toyota,
A Geo metro or a Yugo.??? Mowers are the same way. Some are Yugo's,, some are Hummers, and Some are Lexus. and all priced accordingly.

lawn systems
03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
i have a turf tiger and a lazer Z i love them both years of great service out of them, Well worth the extra money

rwaters
03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
i cant speak for scag, ive heard great things about them.... but i have all exmarks and i'd highly recommend them.... mine are a year and a half old and i havent had any problems so far...before this i had another exmark for 3 years and it gave zero problems....very dependable...

My first mower was a country clipper and if they havent changed, you'll make up for that thousand you save in maintenance.... there was always something wrong with mine once the new wore off.

I think they fixed the belt problems, still not a big fan of them but that has been mostly resolved by them hiring an engineer that is at least qualified to work on a mower.

To avoid being called out as a dealer I am not a Dealer for Scag, Farris, Exmark, or Country Clipper

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-10-2011, 11:22 AM
County clipper in my opion is well made mower If i ever change would be that model But like with any model i would change the wheel tire set up I dont like the ride of the small sidewall tires I like floation tires