PDA

View Full Version : I Passed!!!!!!!!

1stclasslawns
09-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Yep thats right I passed the weed control test and the core test for Arkansas. I'll be sending in my fees tomarrow for license.

I didn't pass the pest test for turf tree and ornimential though, but I'll get it next time.

Jim

greenman
09-17-2002, 10:22 PM
naturalawn-I am going to try to take the test(s) in October. I have kind of been going over the books :rolleyes: for 2 or 3 months now. How hard are the tests and if you fail, how long do you have to wait to take it again and do you have to pay again?

BTW, where you are located?

1stclasslawns
09-17-2002, 10:38 PM
Greenman,
I am up in Harrison, and the test are tuff. The core test is commonsense stright out of the book. The weed test was a bugger, the pest test, well I didn't pass if you want to know. I'll give you a hint, take the core and the weed test, wait till dec to take the pest. Cause if you fail you have to wait 3 monthe to retest. With them only giving the test every other month thats 4 months if you fail. If you don't take it you can test next time its offered.

On the pest test there are 3 questions alike each worth 12 points each." Name an insect or related arthropod and its control. " It a whole page they are wanting you to do, they want manual controls, which chemicals and at what stregnths the whole 9 yards. Then the next is "Name a desise of turf trees and ornimantials and its control"

Jim

greenman
09-17-2002, 10:49 PM
thanks for the reply. I think I really need to study more but then again been doing all sorts of applications for a long time (hands on experience)(dont tell nobody;) )

If a test is failed, does the same fee apply to re-take it, or do you not pay unless you pass?

1stclasslawns
09-17-2002, 10:54 PM
$50.00 to retest.

jim

tremor
09-18-2002, 06:57 PM
Congratulations!!!

Steve

Grasshog
09-22-2002, 12:00 AM
ALLRIGHT GREAT GOING JIM

walker-talker
09-24-2002, 09:47 PM
Good job man.
What does it cost you to get licensed?
I am going to start studying when it slows down here in Kansas.

MATT

cantoo
09-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Here's an idea to help everyone on the tests. Start a thread with a question from the exam, we can respond for two days then original poster post s the answer then someone else writes the next question and on and on.