TurfcoBob,
Hello,

can i buy your aerator with
a honda/kawasaki motor on it?

thank you
JB

sildoc
03-10-2011, 09:50 PM
good luck. was looking at buying their hydro until they said it was 2 months out, and only a briggs. Maybe they will wise up.

bob
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I called yesterday and asked that very question, why no Honda? Their other lawn equipment have Honda engines. I'm just no a big briggs fan.

turfcobob
03-16-2011, 11:24 PM
TurfcoBob,
Hello,

can i buy your aerator with
a honda/kawasaki motor on it?

thank you
JB

Not much to add as you said it is not avalable in any engine but the B & S. The engine has been perfoming very well with no problems. So I wonder why you would want to pay more for an engine that does no more than the one on the machine? A lot of time and money goes into getting engines approved for use on a machine so I would say we are sticking with the B & S for now. As far as availability I have no comments as I do not know what availability is right now. I do know that everyone who uses the machine likes it.

jbturf
03-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Hello Bob,
thanks for replying-

not what i wanted to hear, although its what i expected

i must be in the minority, of people who want a honda motor
on their small pwr equipment

but it looks like a nice machine otherwise

lbmd1
03-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Jbturf,
You're not in the minority. I would never buy anything with a briggs. Having run hondas for 15 years, there is no comparison. I have a 9 year old plugr with a honda GX series that still starts 1st pull every time. Had a DR brush trimmer with a briggs that was used 3 times before blowing a hole out the side. An Ariens snowblower with a briggs used about a dozen times before blowing a connecting rod. Dont care what they may have done in the last few years to their engines, reputation proves otherwise. I would pay $300 more for a honda. Why not offer a choice if the consumer is willing to pay for it?

Mike

americanlawn
03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
We love the 10.5 hp Briggs & Stratton Intek. Sold a T3000 last summer with nearly 700 hours on it, and just sold another T3000 with 746 hours on it. Both had the Intek engine. Never a loss of power and never used any oil whatsoever. After the first few hours, we change out the 30-W, and put in Castrol Syntec 5W-30. Both units had the same power as if they were new. Pretty sure they will last many more years.

Been running Honda's in our "skid" spray rigs. Oldest one is 8.0 hp that we bought in 1990, so I figure Honda's are good too.

Briggs & Stratton built great small engines back in the 60' and 70's, but then they went downhill for a few years. Not any more, cuz they revamped their engines. They brought in new techs and really went to work (even had influence from Harley Davidson).

We've yet to see the new TURFCO aerator, but I would never be afraid of the Briggs & Stratton engine.

BTW ---- Briggs is an AMERICAN company. "Imported from Milwaukee, Wisconson" :usflag:

CHARLES CUE
03-17-2011, 10:16 PM
I to say there is nothing wrong with a Briggs engine they have come a long ways. and made in the USA a thing we have all forgot about!

Charles Cue

americanlawn
03-20-2011, 05:15 PM
You got that right buddy -- "TRUE" Patriots are especially what America needs now. We have to do "our part". I don't care if it means spending extra money....buying American products is something to be proud of. Many jap companies say their products (like toyota) are assembled in the USA --- But guess what ---- PROFITS are sent overseas. :hammerhead:

I'll buy a Chevy, GMC, etc even though they may be assembled in Mexico or Canada. But both Countries are our closest friends, and profits are still sent to the USA. my 2 cents

I to say there is nothing wrong with a Briggs engine they have come a long ways. and made in the USA a thing we have all forgot about!

Charles Cue

turfcobob
03-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Jbturf,
You're not in the minority. I would never buy anything with a briggs. Having run hondas for 15 years, there is no comparison. I have a 9 year old plugr with a honda GX series that still starts 1st pull every time. Had a DR brush trimmer with a briggs that was used 3 times before blowing a hole out the side. An Ariens snowblower with a briggs used about a dozen times before blowing a connecting rod. Dont care what they may have done in the last few years to their engines, reputation proves otherwise. I would pay $300 more for a honda. Why not offer a choice if the consumer is willing to pay for it?

Mike

Just a little note here. Briggs and Stratton as a company has many models of engines. When you are buying some products you will find the top of the line and others the bottom or cheap engines. To toss them all in the same bucket is unfair to the company as it would any company. Honda makes a lesser line of engines as does all engine companies. Over the years mfgs tended to use only the top of the line of the honda engines and the cheaper briggs engines. By itself this is a big variance in quality. I have had the same experience with honda engines shooting craps in the first 5 minutes. It just happens sometimes. Put a rod right out the side of the block. Today if you were to take the top of each company in an engine class I am sure you would find the quality very much the same. We have found that in testing. The playing field has really levelled out in the past few years. And that statement comes from someone who wanted nothing to do with B & S 10 years ago. I say look closer at the engines you buy and compare equals you may be pleased with what Americans are doing today.

LushGreenLawn
03-22-2011, 10:15 PM
You got that right buddy -- "TRUE" Patriots are especially what America needs now. We have to do "our part". I don't care if it means spending extra money....buying American products is something to be proud of. Many jap companies say their products (like toyota) are assembled in the USA --- But guess what ---- PROFITS are sent overseas. :hammerhead:

I'll buy a Chevy, GMC, etc even though they may be assembled in Mexico or Canada. But both Countries are our closest friends, and profits are still sent to the USA. my 2 cents

I have to disagree. Who cares where the profit goes. The profit ultimately goes to investors that can live anywhere in the world, regardless of where the company is headquartered. When a product is assembled in America it is putting Americans to work, which is the whole idea behind buying American.

Service 1st Lawn Care
03-22-2011, 11:16 PM

This is funny that's why GM may have to shut down production because there waiting on parts from Japan, would never buy a obama motor vehicle. They screwed suppliers they owed money too.:dizzy:

Exact Rototilling
03-25-2011, 05:17 PM
I have the same engine on the Lawn Solutions unit. I have an older Troy Bilt Horse tiller with a brigs engine. Been great zero complaints. But I also run Mobil 1 15w-50 that has higher ZDDP levels of anti wear compounds.

If you want the XT5 just buy it already.....Resistence is futile. http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/02.gif

I'm a fan of Honda engines as well. I have GX25's, GX31, GX160 and GX200's.

Exact Rototilling
03-25-2011, 05:50 PM
A portion of the proceeds from every Ford product goes to the Ford Foundation...which if you spend some time digging on it is hardly in the best interest of true American values. I could go on but there is not much point. American corporations and wall street investors funded Nazi Germany's rise to power back in the day. For some reason this is glossed over in history class.