PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Super Surfer

GreenGiant94
03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Hey,

Has anyone here run a great dane super surfer? Are they good mower? Hows the cut and the handling on hills? Ive seen some for sale in my area and thinking about them some? Would it be hard to get parts since great dane isn't around anymore?

twhitworth
03-11-2011, 06:20 PM
i have a surfer. its the fixed deck. its great on hills. recently i tried to order the plastic discharge cover and cant find one. i really like the mower, it has worked well for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

McFarland_Lawn_Care
03-11-2011, 06:37 PM
I also have a 48" fixed deck GD super surfer - I am actually selling it this spring. It has been a great mower and very solid but a little light on the front end on hills (some of my hills are VERY steep). I am selling it because I need a floating deck. Solid mower and no break downs. Has a good cut and think you can order parts online.

GreenGiant94
03-11-2011, 08:33 PM
i have a surfer. its the fixed deck. its great on hills. recently i tried to order the plastic discharge cover and cant find one. i really like the mower, it has worked well for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alright cool! I really appreciate the info, thanks.

GreenGiant94
03-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I also have a 48" fixed deck GD super surfer - I am actually selling it this spring. It has been a great mower and very solid but a little light on the front end on hills (some of my hills are VERY steep). I am selling it because I need a floating deck. Solid mower and no break downs. Has a good cut and think you can order parts online.

Sounds good. Yeah im looking for a floating deck as well. So as long as the hill isn't really steep it does fine? Thanks for the reply!:waving: