PDA

View Full Version : Rolling tine plug diameter 5/8"or 3/4" ...???

Exact Rototilling
03-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Ok...I'm working up some data on aeration and I have the LS WB 21" and I'm assuming it has 5/8" tines.

Do all the Blue Bird, Clasens and Turfco also have fairly standard universal tines of the same dimension?

Ryan claims 3/4"...?

For reciprocating aerators:
My Plugr has 5/8 tines
Ryan 28 has 3/4" tines

sildoc
03-10-2011, 09:47 PM
I have seen the standard come from 1/2 inch to 5/8 inch. Every one is trying to one up each other where as a consumer is good. I would rather see more plugs pulled at no more than 3/4, than them go larger. Optimal machine for me would be a rider that works for small as well as large lawns, pulling a min of 14 plugs per sq/ft and doing a min of 2 acres an hour. but one of these days.

LawnSolutionsCP
03-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Our units are 3/4" tines on all machines.

Exact Rototilling
03-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks David,

I'm under the assumption now that all rolling tines are 3/4"...?
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnSolutionsCP
03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks David,

I'm under the assumption now that all rolling tines are 3/4"...?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not all but most....

Not all tines are even close to the same. We use the same tine on our 21" WB machine upto our riding aerator. The same tine on all 3 machines.

What does this mean, hands down the best tines in the industry...most tines woud get crushed with 1,200 lbs of force driving them in the ground over and over....not the ones we have made custom for our aerators.

You can run our riding aerators in rocky soil without breaking the tines all day long. We have several rideon units in Maine and up in Canada where it is very rocky and this is the only aerator they have been able to keep together in these conditions.

Exact Rototilling
03-13-2011, 11:41 AM
David,

That's good to know - the Lawn Solutions WB is my absolute favorite to run in extra rocky areas vs. Tearing up my plugrs.
Posted via Mobile Device