PDA

View Full Version : JD Stander

Toatlandscape
09-18-2002, 08:35 AM
Anyone used the new John Deere stander? I have seen one but have not gotten to talk with anyone that has used it. I have a F725 now and it is a great machine IMO. I have used Exmark and Gravely before and like the 725 cut better. It is also more stable on slopes. I am thinking about a new mower this spring but don't have much room on the trailer.

Toatlandscape
09-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Hasn't any one got any opinions on Jd Stander? I know they exist I have seem one.

nova385
09-20-2002, 08:24 PM
Drove one around at the dealer. Was unable to demo yet. Seems like a nice rig- Run about $5900 in the mid MI. area.

captdevo
09-20-2002, 08:27 PM
i played on one a couple months ago while in Tarpon Springs.

they are almost identical to the Great Dane Super Surfer other than paint and deck.

i didn't care much for the JD 7-iron deck, it cut nice, but i don't like stamped decks.

i know they have some great finance programs and plenty of dealers great dane and jd.

Grasshog
09-20-2002, 08:43 PM
is it not the same as great dane model

Toatlandscape
09-21-2002, 05:03 PM
What are the major differences between JD and Dane? I don't know anything about either I ahven't even seen a Dane that I know of. The only standers I have seen are Wright.

nova385
09-21-2002, 11:14 PM
The Great Dane has a(seems to be) larger (seems to be) platform to stand on. The standing platform on the G.D. has springs to take some of the shock off the operator- G.D. welded Deck. G.D. Welded Deck...

The G.D. is not offerd in a 48" deck -- Do not know why:mad:

Could not see spending that kind of cash on a 36"-- 52" will not fit in some of the gates of the Res. lawns I service.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-22-2002, 02:11 AM
John Deere bought the whole Great Dane company.

The JD stander is the same as the Dane stander after they made some upgrades to it to meet their specifications.

Other than color and the deck they are identical before they are painted. If you were to get a Dane and a JD unpainted the only difference would be the deck.

Now I demoed one at a dealer before deciding to take it for a day or two, I kept hitting the jewls so I left it there.

My second thought was why buy a stander when I could buy the same size in a ZTR that goes a little quicker, can use other attachments on, and SIT on.

I like the idea of the stander taking up less space, but they had an Exmark Lazer hp 52" sitting right next to the JD with a 54" deck, and I sized them up, 3" longer for the ZTR.

captdevo
09-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Great Dane decks are welded, not stamped like JD, they offer 36", 48", 52" and 61"

Click here for Great Dane specs!! (http://www.greatdanemowers.com/supersurfer/specifications.html)

--------------------