PDA

View Full Version : New Terex Pt-30 pricing

TMlawncare
03-12-2011, 03:08 PM
We are looking to buy a new Terex Pt-30. Looking through to options list, there is not really that many options for the machine. The biggest being a cab enclosure. The rest of the options are little things like suspension seat, back up alarm, wider seat belts and such. What price should I expect to pay for a new unit with and without the cab?

J. Peterson Grading
03-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Expect to pay in the $30000 + range.

If you get a cab on one, make sure to get the cab liner. It makes the cab so much tighter and quieter.

J.

TMlawncare
03-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Expect to pay in the $30000 + range.

If you get a cab on one, make sure to get the cab liner. It makes the cab so much tighter and quieter.

J.

Would you consider a new 2011 with cab, heater, insulation/liner for $31000 plus tax to be a good price. I have only had one person to get back to me. Two other dealers I called I had to leave a message on the machine. No call back yet.

J. Peterson Grading
03-12-2011, 04:51 PM
That would be a good deal.

I have seen the old style PT30s with cab and heat, no liner sell for 24 to 25000 with 400 hours before. So for 31, I would think that would work.

J.

4 seasons lawn&land
03-12-2011, 05:11 PM
I see them for 10-15 used Id have to go that route

TMlawncare
03-12-2011, 05:14 PM
That would be a good deal.

I have seen the old style PT30s with cab and heat, no liner sell for 24 to 25000 with 400 hours before. So for 31, I would think that would work.

J.

Its funny when you call to talk to someone if you are not wanting to buy a crane or the like, they have to look it up in the book or call the mfg. Called about six dealers and only one had one and knew anything about it. Amazing.

hvy 1ton
03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Terex dealers haven't been handling the ASV line very long.

stuvecorp
03-12-2011, 06:10 PM
30 large? I love the little things but just don't see it?

swanny
03-12-2011, 10:06 PM
30 large? I love the little things but just don't see it?

That's what I say as well.

Digdeep
03-12-2011, 10:10 PM
ASV has made a ton of changes to them in the last year or so...increased ROC, 20" more of lift height, more bucket roll back, better breakout, all loader pins are now bushed, improved quick attach, bigger wheel bearings, bigger drive motor shafts and some others I can't remember. I still thing $30k is a bit rich though. You ought to be able to get one for the high 20s.

stuvecorp
03-12-2011, 10:44 PM
ASV has made a ton of changes to them in the last year or so...increased ROC, 20" more of lift height, more bucket roll back, better breakout, all loader pins are now bushed, improved quick attach, bigger wheel bearings, bigger drive motor shafts and some others I can't remember. I still thing $30k is a bit rich though. You ought to be able to get one for the high 20s.

Personally I think many of those things are great but what's taken so long to see those improvements? I do not like the loader arms on the new PT's, reminds me of 'Popeye'. Do the new ones have a 'regular' quick attach?

I guess with the prices of the new ones that makes mine more valuable... I see the dealer here has an 08 PT30(no cab) with 500 hours for $16,500. I can almost live with that price.

J. Peterson Grading
03-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I got sick of thinking about buying one, then having to buy all the crap that one needs to have to be "Useable" So I bought a complete used Boxer mini skid set up with a trailer and all the atatchments for $10,000.

Can't wait to try it out next week.

J.

Digdeep
03-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Personally I think many of those things are great but what's taken so long to see those improvements? I do not like the loader arms on the new PT's, reminds me of 'Popeye'. Do the new ones have a 'regular' quick attach?

I guess with the prices of the new ones that makes mine more valuable... I see the dealer here has an 08 PT30(no cab) with 500 hours for $16,500. I can almost live with that price.

Don't know. I about fell over when I saw that the pins weren't bushed and I still the think that the quick attach is still only for the PT-30, but there is an adapter for skid size attachments and also one the walk behinds. I also forgot that the machine went from 30hp to 34hp. The saleman also said it was much quieter witha new muffler.

Digdeep
03-13-2011, 09:40 AM
I got sick of thinking about buying one, then having to buy all the crap that one needs to have to be "Useable" So I bought a complete used Boxer mini skid set up with a trailer and all the atatchments for $10,000.

Can't wait to try it out next week.

J.

Great price J! I rented a ditchwitch once for a narrow area where I really couldn't fit a RC30. It worked pretty well.

It's alot of money for a small machine, but I don't think that there is any question that you pay more for the PT30 because of the added productivity over a walk behind--ground speeds, traction, ground clearance, diesel hp, breakouts, and most importantly for anywhere it gets cold..an enclosed cab with heater :)

TMlawncare
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
We have needed a machine like this for years but its hard to justify the price. We do a lot of side walks and small parking lots in the winter. Many times it seems like the walks are taking longer then all the lots combined. We currently use a 32" Ariens 2 stage snowblower, 28" yardman track 2 stage, toro 221qr single stage and a few on shovels. Everyone is about dead when we get the commercial sites done. We then have to tackle almost 30 drives. We thought about getting a Pt-60 but we couldn't use it on a lot of sidewalks because it too wide. It would be awesome on the lots though. The Pt-30 however with a 54" Erskine snowblower would be great on the walks and driveways. I could also transport it in the back on our Isuzu NPR with our walk behind blowers. I think you could drive it right up the gate. That by itself would make it worth the money for our usage. In the summer it would be great for moving our compost piles around and working in tight areas.

Stony Bob
03-13-2011, 05:10 PM
The local Terex dealer here in Manitoba is a big John Deere dealership.
They recently started advertising 2011 cab/heat pt-30's for $36,300.
They also mentioned to "move fast" because "demand is high".
I might want to take that statement with a grain of salt.:laugh:

TMlawncare
03-14-2011, 12:35 AM
The local Terex dealer here in Manitoba is a big John Deere dealership.
They recently started advertising 2011 cab/heat pt-30's for $36,300.
They also mentioned to "move fast" because "demand is high".
I might want to take that statement with a grain of salt.:laugh:

Wow that sound really high. Same dealer that priced the pt 30 at $31k priced a 2011 pt 60 at 41k loaded.

kgserv
03-14-2011, 09:04 AM
in 2000 they were 27k new bare bones u can still get asv yellow for an extra charge have you tried any previous asv dealers they caould elect to still carry the skid loader line im lucky cuz mine did

kgserv
03-14-2011, 09:08 AM
they are simple but if you look at all the parts they a very expensive those idler wheels are crazy expensive and the 4 in the front and back are even more, they have a cat motor. i dunno id probabaly buy a new one eventually. they are just to damn handy. how much is a new dingo or mt 59? for a couple thousand more ill take a 30

Digdeep
03-14-2011, 09:24 AM
they are simple but if you look at all the parts they a very expensive those idler wheels are crazy expensive and the 4 in the front and back are even more, they have a cat motor. i dunno id probabaly buy a new one eventually. they are just to damn handy. how much is a new dingo or mt 59? for a couple thousand more ill take a 30

Far more productive than the walk behinds. You could also look at it from a safety point. The PT30 is ROPS/FOPS certified and you can run it year round in colder climates.

lawnartists
04-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I just bought a 2007 RC-30 for $15. It has 460 hours. I have to say, that machine is great for as small as they are. I can fit it comfortably on a smaller trailer too. So far it seems to not be too costly with fuel. Its crazy how much work I've been able to add. (grading small drives quickly, level CR6 pads for someone who sells Amish pads)

swanny
04-04-2011, 06:58 AM
I just bought a 2007 RC-30 for $15. It has 460 hours. I have to say, that machine is great for as small as they are. I can fit it comfortably on a smaller trailer too. So far it seems to not be too costly with fuel. Its crazy how much work I've been able to add. (grading small drives quickly, level CR6 pads for someone who sells Amish pads)

That's about the price of 3.5 gallons of fuel. What a deal for a machine!

lawnartists
04-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Oh man! I meant $15000. That would be nice
Posted via Mobile Device

Hollowellreid
04-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Got this one today. The old one is getting tired.

$25,900 and 3 years/0% if you want it.

I think it was a show model so the price may have been better. More or less the base model, but a 2011 with updated motor, wheels, arms, bushed pivot points, etc.

Hope to try it out soon!

flairland
04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Nice purchase bud. What a difference in lift height!

stuvecorp
04-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Sure is a big lift difference. I don't like that big cross piece, does it hurt visibility? I know the 30 is handy but can't see the price.

kgserv
04-06-2011, 09:36 PM
you keeping the old one ? i love the black paint scheme.

Hollowellreid
04-06-2011, 09:49 PM
It was really unusual for us to buy a new machine. The RC-30 we purchased used back in 2004 or so and it has gotten tons of use. It made sense in this circumstance to get a new one. Used PT-30's were 20-24 for a good one. Could have got a pretty nice older RC for maybe 15k. The upgrades made it a pretty clear choice.

We probably will sell the old 30 sometime soon. Maybe at the end of summer, depends how busy things are.

TMlawncare
04-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Wow those pics really show the difference in the new arms and lift design. The new paint is nice. Thanks for the pics.

turfquip
04-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I too am close to pulling the trigger on a PT 30.

The dealer I am working with informed me that Terex in not offering 0 for 36 this month. Says 3.5 is the best we can do and sent a credit app from Farm Credit Services.

Tell me Terex still has zero for 36 and I'll drop this deal like a hot potato.

swanny
04-09-2011, 03:15 PM
the RC looks anorexic in the arms

The PT looks like Popeye in the arms.

I like the white/black paint scheme better.

bobcat_ron
04-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Got this one today. The old one is getting tired.

$25,900 and 3 years/0% if you want it.

I think it was a show model so the price may have been better. More or less the base model, but a 2011 with updated motor, wheels, arms, bushed pivot points, etc.

Hope to try it out soon!

What a difference in loader and lift heights.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hollowellreid
04-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Also worth keeping in mind- The attachments are not a direct fit from the RC to the new PT quick attach. They "fit" fine, but the attachment handles are in a different place. On the forks they hit the rack and will need modifications. Same with the light materials bucket. Others as well, I would imagine.

Seems it would have been easy to make them more compatible, but they do work fine with a little massaging...

Machine seems strong compared to the old one. Seems to be doing better on fuel as well.

stuvecorp
04-19-2011, 08:43 PM
Also worth keeping in mind- The attachments are not a direct fit from the RC to the new PT quick attach. They "fit" fine, but the attachment handles are in a different place. On the forks they hit the rack and will need modifications. Same with the light materials bucket. Others as well, I would imagine.

Seems it would have been easy to make them more compatible, but they do work fine with a little massaging...

Machine seems strong compared to the old one. Seems to be doing better on fuel as well.

I know it hasn't been very long but any additional thoughts on the new one so far?

Ausman
04-21-2011, 12:36 AM
in 1200hrs

Transmission bracket broke 4 times until new one was designed, had to replace all wheel bearings at1000hrs, Torsion axle failed at 120hrs, flex plate at 1200hrs probably due to the bracket constantly breaking. Very unstable compared to old 30's.

stuvecorp
04-21-2011, 01:30 AM
in 1200hrs

Transmission bracket broke 4 times until new one was designed, had to replace all wheel bearings at1000hrs, Torsion axle failed at 120hrs, flex plate at 1200hrs probably due to the bracket constantly breaking. Very unstable compared to old 30's.

Haven't the older ones been bulletproof for you? That's too bad about all the problems. Has the performance been better in the new one?

turfquip
04-21-2011, 07:17 AM
in 1200hrs

I was waiting delivery on a new one, then the dealer called to announce we are 50 days out on delivery. WTF?

I had no choice than to cancel the contract and will have to turn again to the used market.

He said problems with hydraulic something-or-another. Maybe they have to retrofit unsold inventory....I dont know but am disappointed to say the least.

Hollowellreid
04-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Hope the new one isn't filled with those problems....crossing my fingers.

In most regards it is similar to the older one. Hydraulics are VERY quick and responsive, takes some getting used to but doesn't seem to be a bad thing. Track motors are very strong- took some coaxing to get an older 30 to turn in certain conditions, no such problem with the PT. Might lead to increased track wear, but they seem to last great on these units anyhow.

The extra lift height is great for loading trucks, but a little odd as I never expect it to go that high. Seems to lift about the same weight as the old one. I have not tracked the exact fuel useage but in general use it uses VERY little fuel.

Pushes and digs great, much more tractive effort than the old model. The Perkins engine wouldn't have been my 1st choice, but works fine. There are large D rings on the 4 corners of the machine which are very nice. The parking brake only seems to engine when the machine is off, not when it is just idling with the safety bar up, which is lame.

Lots of little things finally were resolved from the RC series. It does the same job, but easier and faster in a lot of ways. Hope for no reliability problems.

jbrockmann
04-21-2011, 08:37 AM
I also put in an order for a new pt30 after researching this site and reading reviews. I've been told 20-30 weeks. Delays with getting the engines apparently? Don't want to wait, but only one new pricey one in stock at a dealer within the 12 closest states I've looked at.
Rented the old rc30 and wouldn't want to buy one. Great size machine with plenty of power and comfort. Quick and responsive for a rental unit with more than 600 hours. But, the lift height and bucket rollback are major downfalls. At least the bucket rollback is, can't get a good scoop in a pile of dirt. So I will patiently wait for the new and improved model. I have a feeling the new model will be a huge seller with the improvements.

turfquip
04-21-2011, 07:14 PM
This is a setback to me and my organization. I need this thing now, not weeks from now with the possibility of further delays. Funny thing is, when I first spoke with the dealer in March he said they were readily available.

This really bites. I hope Terex can get their $hit together with reliability and distribution issues.

SellingIron
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
This is a setback to me and my organization. I need this thing now, not weeks from now with the possibility of further delays. Funny thing is, when I first spoke with the dealer in March he said they were readily available.

This really bites. I hope Terex can get their $hit together with reliability and distribution issues.

All brands are having an issue trying to fill orders these days. Get use to it because its only going to get worse. If someone has deep pockets. Buy used equipment and open up a mom & pop rental/used equipment shop...

Digdeep
04-21-2011, 09:11 PM
All brands are having an issue trying to fill orders these days. Get use to it because its only going to get worse. If someone has deep pockets. Buy used equipment and open up a mom & pop rental/used equipment shop...

I agree. It's the tip of the iceberg. I have a buddy that flies to Japan once or twice a year to buy used excavators because the Japanese use them for between two-four yrs and dump them. He used to get good deals, but now can't even get used product. The factories aren't really back to work and most of the Japanese product will be consumed in their own country for cleaning up after the earthquake and Tsunami(this makes your statement about Takeuchi the other day make real sense). This will also affect the other OEMs that use components that come from Japan.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hollowellreid
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I also put in an order for a new pt30 after researching this site and reading reviews. I've been told 20-30 weeks. Delays with getting the engines apparently? Don't want to wait, but only one new pricey one in stock at a dealer within the 12 closest states I've looked at.
Rented the old rc30 and wouldn't want to buy one. Great size machine with plenty of power and comfort. Quick and responsive for a rental unit with more than 600 hours. But, the lift height and bucket rollback are major downfalls. At least the bucket rollback is, can't get a good scoop in a pile of dirt. So I will patiently wait for the new and improved model. I have a feeling the new model will be a huge seller with the improvements.

I don't think the bucket rollback is any different on the new one. They say it is, but maybe a few degrees at best. Not significantly better. On the old one we modified the bucket for more rollback...

jbrockmann
04-22-2011, 08:40 AM
I read an article that said the bucket rollback was supposed to be 45% better. If this isn't the case, I may reconsider. It's frustrating when you can't heap a pile of dirt/mulch/snow into the bucket for loading. There are no demo units to be had, so at this point we only have word of mouth to learn from. I wanted to pt30 for its size, but there are pt60's readily available, both new and used.
Hollowellreid, I saw you sell your old rc30 on ebay, did you just keep the old improved bucket to put on the new machine? or is the modest improvement good enough that you're just using the new bucket with the new pt30? Probably asking too much if you had pics comparing the two with buckets tilted back at ground level. I enjoyed the pics comparing the two side by side with buckets raised. Thanks for posting those.

Hollowellreid
04-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Here are a few pictures. Maybe the rollback is a bit better. The old machine was at the shop but has a different bucket, so I can't take any good comparison pictures. If you lift the bucket a bit the angle is much better.

The forks mount at an angle, so they roll back further. Similar Idea to the modified bucket, which will stay with the old RC.

kgserv
04-23-2011, 08:11 AM
i modified my forks but it feels like i lost a little bit of lift capacity.

jbrockmann
04-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the pics. Definately better rollback than the rc, which has none or maybe 2 degrees with the arms down. I'll have to look at my case to see what it looks like, I just never paid attention before because it hasn't been an issue.
I like the tak in the background of the first pic. We have a tb007 and love it. Great machine and it sure beats using a shovel.

stuvecorp
04-23-2011, 12:37 PM
I've got the same set of forks. That extra angle helps so much.

Strawbridge Lawn
11-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Have owned thee machines for 10 years now. Bought my 2nd pt-30 last year. I think anyone who owns one needs to adapt to its inabilities. But the fact is it replaces 2 employees and saves a ton of time on every job we do. Given the demographics we work in there is no better machine save maybe a Dingo on rare occasions where access is an issue. If I need to step up/down I rent, but that has happened maybe once in 3 years. I do have my 2002 ASL300 for sale ($7495.) if anyone is interested. Love these machines.

TMlawncare
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I get to go pick up my machine in a couple weeks. It a brand new 2012 (11) Terex pt30 I don't even know what year it will be because its been on order so long. Full winter cab, heat, wiper, insulation, the works. Getting a Erskine 53" snow blower to go with it. Artic 8ft compact duty sectional plow is the next in line. We searched dealers all over the country and no one has one in stock. Orders are 1 year out as of now. The delay is due to the lack of drive motors. They make them in Japan and the factory got hit in the earthquake.

swanny
11-22-2011, 05:18 AM
There's a 2011 PT30 on ebay right now. 150 hrs. Illinois

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-ASV-PT-30-Turf-Tracks-150-HOURS-HAS-NEW-DESIGN-LOADER-ARMS-/220894304831?pt=Skid_Steel_Loaders&hash=item336e539a3f

turfquip
11-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Im late getting to this thread but Im glad you finally are getting your machine. I had one ordered in the Spring but after getting hit with the bad news of the production delay, got on the web and found a good used one with under 200 hours.

My real question is.....are you absolutely sure our machine will handle an 8' sectional?

John_DeereGreen
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Unless there is a vast difference from the RC to the PT traction...I personally don't see it handling an 8 foot pusher in anything but 1-2 inch fluffy snows on short runs...

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to have another one of these if they would boost the ROC a little bit...

TMlawncare
11-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Im late getting to this thread but Im glad you finally are getting your machine. I had one ordered in the Spring but after getting hit with the bad news of the production delay, got on the web and found a good used one with under 200 hours.

My real question is.....are you absolutely sure our machine will handle an 8' sectional?

Well pretty sure. The sectional that we are going to try is the new compact line. Its quite a bit lighter then the light duty 8ft sectional by over 500lbs. It is a few inches shorter and uses a poly cutting blade to reduce weight. The folks at arctic says there is only a couple out and they push much easier then a standard pusher. This is due to the slip hitch and the way the sides move with the terrain.

TMlawncare
12-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Please Erskine, would you hurry up and build my snowblower. I ordered it in September and it still has not arrived at the dealer. Who would have though after waiting for the Pt-30 this long, the darn blower is holding me up. Called Erskine, we don't have any in stock. Evidently if they don't have orders for them they won't make them. If I was in the snowblower business and it was Dec 1st, I would crap myself if I looked at my supply and it showed ZERO. Because my order was placed a while back they are going to do a small run. Should have it in a couple weeks. Thank God.

turfquip
12-01-2011, 06:53 AM
Thats crazy.

What about the light materials bucket for the RC 30? It wont move material like a pusher (assumptions being made here) but it would be an effective stacker right?

What is the biggest LM bucket that could be put on our machine....anybody know?

TMlawncare
12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

TMlawncare
12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I have seen a 6ft snow bucket. The bucket weighs around 600lbs. You would probably neec to put 400lbs counterweight on the back.
Posted via Mobile Device

TMlawncare
12-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Update, the dealer now has my pt30 with bucket, interface adapter ready for pickup. Now the only thing we are waiting on is Erskine to get the snowblower to the dealer. Its been on order since the beginning of September.