PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with these oranges?

lawnman_scott
03-12-2011, 11:00 PM
They look good on the outside, smell great, and i took a small bite and they taste good, but what does this look like to you?

Keith
03-12-2011, 11:05 PM
That's not a blood orange, is it?

lawnman_scott
03-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Never heard of a blood orange, but that is what it remended me of. it was almost like a not cooked steak (I'm not a canible, I like my food cooked).

Keith
03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I think that's what it probably is. Sometimes they are much more red throughout, sometimes less. Sometimes just red bits in them. I guess it depends on the variety.

Landscape Poet
03-13-2011, 09:41 AM
That's not a blood orange, is it?

Was wondering the same thing?

IRRITECH
03-13-2011, 10:04 AM
http://cookalmostanything.blogspot.com/2006/09/blood-orange-cordial.html

Patriot Services
03-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I think that's what it probably is. Sometimes they are much more red throughout, sometimes less. Sometimes just red bits in them. I guess it depends on the variety.

The colder the temps they are exposed to the darker the flesh is. I like them for cooking but they are usually not very sweet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
03-13-2011, 10:55 AM
http://cookalmostanything.blogspot.com/2006/09/blood-orange-cordial.html

The link above is good.

But it could be to late in the season and the variety you have should have been picked back in Dec. I posted about two weeks ago I had squeezed my last orange for this season. I still have a bunch on my trees, but they are Too Ripe and going bad. I am not a Citrus expert by any means in fact I know very little about Citrus. But they start picking Oranges in my area in late Nov.

fl-landscapes
03-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Never heard of a blood orange, but that is what it remended me of. it was almost like a not cooked steak (I'm not a canible, I like my food cooked).

If your eating humans, you are in fact a canibal. Makes no difference if your human steaks are raw or well done. Its species not the way it is prepared that matters. And yes I know you were joking, so am I.

lawnman_scott
03-13-2011, 09:53 PM
If your eating humans, you are in fact a canibal. Makes no difference if your human steaks are raw or well done. Its species not the way it is prepared that matters. And yes I know you were joking, so am I.

Good point though, ok well I don't like my plate to look like a crime scene when I am done. I would have never guessed blood orange, never heard of that but I looked online and that is what they look like.