PDA

View Full Version : Ez dump install

Ben's Landscape
03-13-2011, 08:26 AM
I have a ez dumper i just bought second hand. it was out of the truck already so i didnt get to see where it was mounted. Do they mount them to the truck frame or just to the bed itself? i would have to drill new holes i think because i have a rihno liner in the truck already.

also if anyone had the mounting instructions could you please send it to me. i need to get it in by wed this week!

nepatsfan
03-13-2011, 08:50 AM
me too. I want to see if anyone has any advice or pictures

nepatsfan
03-14-2011, 03:35 PM
nobody has done this before?

ParkWelding
03-14-2011, 06:05 PM
You have to figure out where to drill the holes to bolt it to the bed. Every truck is different. Just get it centered up and square in the bed and see what you have that will be the most secure to bolt thru. IIRC my newest ezdumper came with square chunks of steel to use as washers, but I was able to drill and bolt thru some reinforced sections of the bed. Did that on two 2500 rams and worked out fine.

I'm sure you could mount it to the frame but fabricated parts would be needed to do so and are not included.

streetscrapin16
03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
When I bought mine it was out of a 95 f250 and you have to remove the existing bed bolts and use those for the insert too.

nepatsfan
03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
how did you get the ez dumper into the bed. I have a skid steer but I dont see anything that looks like a good spot to chain it up

streetscrapin16
03-14-2011, 08:02 PM
You have to make sure you keep the bed and lower brackets together. I used the stake pockets to pick it up with a chain but when I bought it the guy put his bucket under the gate in the back and ran a chain from the stakepockets to hooks on top of the bucket. Then when he tilted the bucket it picked straight up.

nepatsfan
03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
I didnt think of that but that makes sense

streetscrapin16
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Yea the way he loaded actually worked really nice. And that would be perfect to load it into a pickup nice and easy. If you have any more q's let me know.

Ben's Landscape
03-15-2011, 07:00 AM
thanks for the replys!! my friend has a car lift in his garage i was gna chan it up to lthat and lift it off my trailer then back the truck under good idea? and let it down slowly

streetscrapin16
03-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Yea that would be a good way. just keep the chain lengths the same so it sit level and you should be good. I saw in another post Ben that the chrome is pitted on the cylinder. It might be cheaper to just get it rechromed because I own a hydraulic business and depending on cylinder size its not that expensive you should check it out.

Ben's Landscape
03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Yea that would be a good way. just keep the chain lengths the same so it sit level and you should be good. I saw in another post Ben that the chrome is pitted on the cylinder. It might be cheaper to just get it rechromed because I own a hydraulic business and depending on cylinder size its not that expensive you should check it out.

yea my friend came up with an even better idea take the dump body off of the frame and line up the frame good and you can move it by hand then put the body back onto it.

With the cylinder it wasnt the crome that was pitted after all it was the inside of the pistion the cylinder wall that has a score in it. i am going to try and stone it out and get it as good as i can and put a new seal kit into it and see what happens. i ordered the seals yesterday they should be in tommorrow. i know that the piston may leak a little bit but i am hoping that it will be ok. a new piston they want 400 for it and i am going to try and buy time and then replace it if i have to. what fluid should i put into it because i was going to drain the whole pump and put all new fluid into it when the piston goes on.

streetscrapin16
03-15-2011, 01:07 PM
I usually get my hydraulic fluid from Tractor supply. I get the Traveller All Season ISO 46. I buy it in 5 gal buckets so it cheaper.

Ben's Landscape
03-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I usually get my hydraulic fluid from Tractor supply. I get the Traveller All Season ISO 46. I buy it in 5 gal buckets so it cheaper.

ok thanks i have to go there anyways tommorrow. also my dad is a machinest and he thinks he can stone that score out good idea?

streetscrapin16
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
It might work never did it. Most of my customers are big corporations so they just want new parts so it lasts.

Ben's Landscape
03-15-2011, 07:27 PM
It might work never did it. Most of my customers are big corporations so they just want new parts so it lasts.

ah ok yeah im going to gamble the 50 dollars to buy the kit and see what happens if it works good them im good haha. but worst case i buy the piston they want 400 for it

streetscrapin16
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Can you send me the link for the piston you need? I know some guys the make them.

Ben's Landscape
03-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Can you send me the link for the piston you need? I know some guys the make them.

sure can you pm me your email address and i will send you a pic of it? only because for some reason lawnsite will not let me upload the pics of it thanks.