PDA

View Full Version : open trailer floor

ozd12005
03-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Just uncovered my open trailer and see that the floor has buckled pretty bad....2 boards are at least 3" up from the underbracket.... problem is on both ends there is a steel welded bracket holding them in. How in the heck can I replace these boards?

ozd12005
03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Bump..... come on guys I'm sure someone has had this problem.... Only thing I can think of is to sawzall all the boards in half to get them out... But don't think that installing new boards half lenght drilled into the middle bottom bracket would hold up

ParkWelding
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
I would have to assume that by the amount of buckling you have a light duty landscape trailer. Pry up or jack up on the center of the board, it will come out. 99.9% positive that the manufacturer didn't lay the boards out and weld the trailer around them.

knox gsl
03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Cut, pry or rip them out, whatever works best for you. When putting in the the new ones start on the edges and work your way to the middle, pack them in tight and the last 2 or 3 will need to bow up in the middle and put the ends in. Used lots of screws or bolts and then put a deck stain/sealer over it to help prevent this again. You could also coat it in diesel fuel or old motor oil to really waterproof it.