PDA

View Full Version : Washington State

Grant07
03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Is anyone in Washington State? Still some snow on the ground unless your on the west coast, saw some lawns already being mowed! I am still waiting for some clean up calls and then the lawn season to start up as there is still some snow.

OfficerManderson
03-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey Grant,

I'm up near Bellingham. Whatcom County. Started mowing last week. I missed it!

Dusty

Grant07
03-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey Dusty,

Nice to hear that you have started, I am just starting some clean up next weekend hopefully mowing very very soon... Can't wait to get back into it!

CD_CLC
04-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I work in Whatcom and Skagit counties. I've been mowing for a couple weeks now. It's just so rainy... Dusty do you mow in the rain? I'm new and I'm not sure if I should. I didn't have any clients until the "dry season" last summer. I mowed today in the rain, it's just soooo slow. It doesn't seem like a good idea, but at the same point I have clients whose lawns are already too long and I don't want to wait for them to get longer. I also don't work out in Lynden or Ferndale. I see that you do, I have had people call me from out in that area, do you have some contact info?

Charlie

YourYardGuy
03-22-2012, 03:17 AM
Been mowing in Jefferson County for a few weeks now also. As for mowing in the rain, its Washington and you gotta take what you get. If the blades aint turning, then you aint earning.

Wow this is an old thread, my bad

North STar
04-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Hello,
It is nice to see that there are several people on here from Wa. I have posted on here as Nwshadesof green before back in 2003.
I now live in Ferndale, Wa. and own North Star Grounds Care LLC with my wife.
We would welcome making new relationships with other lawn and landscape company owners and sharing ideas and stories. Please send me an email with any of your questions , I'll try to help where I can.

Thanks
Mike Winters
Www.northstargroundscare.com

lopealle
10-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Are you guys still around? I would love to network with some of you guys out here. I'm in the federal way area

CD_CLC
10-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Are you guys still around? I would love to network with some of you guys out here. I'm in the federal way area
I'm still in business. This is an old thread. Wow... To think where I was when I first posted it versus now.
Posted via Mobile Device

lopealle
10-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Well its good you are still around Charlie. I'm actually working on staying my business. I just purchased a mower and a trailer. As a landscaper out here in the PNW and what do I need to look forward to and what are the average prices? It's great to know you're still thriving out here.

CD_CLC
02-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Sorry I never saw your reply to this thread. Where in Washington are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

JFGLN
02-27-2015, 08:06 AM
Man the season started early this year. We started mowing last week and lots of phone calls already. How are you guys doing?

I don't think there are many of us from Washington here on Lawnsite.

CD_CLC
02-27-2015, 08:08 AM
I have mowed a few of my regular lawns. My maintenance truck will be out again full time by the end of next week. I am booked almost a month out already.
Posted via Mobile Device

JFGLN
02-27-2015, 08:40 AM
I had people calling last week asking when we were going to mow the lawn. Crazy early this year.

YourYardGuy
02-27-2015, 10:20 AM
I had people calling last week asking when we were going to mow the lawn. Crazy early this year.

Definitely way early this year. Last time I remember mowing this much in February was back in 2010 I think when we had our last early warm weather. Hoping it doesnt mean drought and dormancy by June though.
Posted via Mobile Device

lopealle
03-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Sorry I never saw your reply to this thread. Where in Washington are you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure if you were talking to me but, I'm located in the Olympia area. I'm definitely new to the landscape biz. Where are you located at?

Man the season started early this year. We started mowing last week and lots of phone calls already. How are you guys doing?

I don't think there are many of us from Washington here on Lawnsite.

Yea it's crazy how early things are getting started. I noticed there are not too many of us on here. At least that are active.

I have mowed a few of my regular lawns. My maintenance truck will be out again full time by the end of next week. I am booked almost a month out already.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have also started mowing. I'm not scheduled out like you are though. I only have four lawns.

CrazY

Definitely way early this year. Last time I remember mowing this much in February was back in 2010 I think when we had our last early warm weather. Hoping it doesnt mean drought and dormancy by June though.
Posted via Mobile Device

That would be nice not to have a drought by June. More money to be made if there is no drought.

CD_CLC
03-11-2015, 11:41 PM
I am in Bellingham, though I work both Whatcom and Skagit counties.
Posted via Mobile Device

lopealle
03-12-2015, 01:01 AM
I'm in Thurston. How long have you been cutting?

CD_CLC
03-12-2015, 03:38 AM
This year, or ever? I mowed a couple lawns in January.
Posted via Mobile Device

lopealle
03-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Both I guess.

CD_CLC
03-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Since 2010
Posted via Mobile Device

lopealle
03-12-2015, 04:08 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I just started last year. Hopefully this year will be big

grumpygrizzly
04-28-2015, 03:16 PM
I'm new to the site in the Vancouver, WA area and I do small engine repair. I've been in the process of getting my stepvan all set up to go mobile. Hopefully that'll let me work on-site where the homeowners have their equipment and also help out the pro's out there by making it so they don't have to take time off to come to me, losing valuable mowing time. I also won't only be available from 8-5 like the brick and mortar shops.

I take in a lot of donors and also give a little cash on trade for folks that want to buy some of my equipment. That way I have more parts and inventory that keep me busy.