PDA

View Full Version : Washington State

Grant07
03-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Is anyone in Washington State? Still some snow on the ground unless your on the west coast, saw some lawns already being mowed! I am still waiting for some clean up calls and then the lawn season to start up as there is still some snow.

OfficerManderson
03-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey Grant,

I'm up near Bellingham. Whatcom County. Started mowing last week. I missed it!

Dusty

Grant07
03-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey Dusty,

Nice to hear that you have started, I am just starting some clean up next weekend hopefully mowing very very soon... Can't wait to get back into it!

CD_CLC
04-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I work in Whatcom and Skagit counties. I've been mowing for a couple weeks now. It's just so rainy... Dusty do you mow in the rain? I'm new and I'm not sure if I should. I didn't have any clients until the "dry season" last summer. I mowed today in the rain, it's just soooo slow. It doesn't seem like a good idea, but at the same point I have clients whose lawns are already too long and I don't want to wait for them to get longer. I also don't work out in Lynden or Ferndale. I see that you do, I have had people call me from out in that area, do you have some contact info?

Charlie

YourYardGuy
03-22-2012, 04:17 AM
Been mowing in Jefferson County for a few weeks now also. As for mowing in the rain, its Washington and you gotta take what you get. If the blades aint turning, then you aint earning.

Wow this is an old thread, my bad

North STar
04-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Hello,
It is nice to see that there are several people on here from Wa. I have posted on here as Nwshadesof green before back in 2003.
I now live in Ferndale, Wa. and own North Star Grounds Care LLC with my wife.
We would welcome making new relationships with other lawn and landscape company owners and sharing ideas and stories. Please send me an email with any of your questions , I'll try to help where I can.

Thanks
Mike Winters
Www.northstargroundscare.com

lopealle
10-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Are you guys still around? I would love to network with some of you guys out here. I'm in the federal way area

CD_CLC
10-07-2014, 10:08 PM
Are you guys still around? I would love to network with some of you guys out here. I'm in the federal way area
I'm still in business. This is an old thread. Wow... To think where I was when I first posted it versus now.
Posted via Mobile Device

lopealle
10-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Well its good you are still around Charlie. I'm actually working on staying my business. I just purchased a mower and a trailer. As a landscaper out here in the PNW and what do I need to look forward to and what are the average prices? It's great to know you're still thriving out here.