PDA

View Full Version : JD757 2005 should have rops or maybe not?

DP Property
03-14-2011, 03:40 AM
Hi all new here but been a member of plow site for years. I just got a decent contract with more grass then most of my other stuff so I needed another machine. I found a 2005 john deere 757 on line that a dealer had a couple hours away from me. The machine came from a residential owner and only had 218 hours on it with the 60 inch 7 iron deck and two bagger powerflo system. I got the machine for $5500.00 and went and picked it up the other day.
The machine seems pretty nice has the Kawasaki 25 air cooled with a round air filter on the top. I notice some other pictures of this machine the engine has a tractor type air filter on the top. Did Kawasaki use two types of air filers on the same engine. Also I was expecting the machine to have rops but it did not. I have emailed the dealer and he is going to contact the previous owner to see if he removed the rops. Should all 2005 models have rops or is it possible that an early 2005 model might not have rops? I am trying to figure out if it should have them or if it is really a 2004 model? is there a way to tell from the serial?

DP Property
03-15-2011, 02:06 AM
It was a change in serial numbers in mid 2005 when they included rops on these machine. Oh well still a nice machine:canadaflag: