PDA

View Full Version : JRCO Hook Aerators ?

1mowlawn
09-19-2002, 12:23 PM
Has anyone used or tried the JRCO Hooker Aerators, they attach to the front of ZTR's, I was wondering if they are any good and how much ?

Hawkeye5
09-19-2002, 12:50 PM
1mow: I have the same question. They look interesting to me, but I'm not familiar with any dealers in my area. JD

LAWNGODFATHER
09-19-2002, 02:40 PM
Click the link to read more about them.

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=149866&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Mow&Snow
09-19-2002, 10:24 PM
I have 2 jrco products. I love the thatcher and hate the electric spreader.

The thatcher is built WAY to light duty to be bolted to a Z, but after beefing it up with all new steel, it does a great job.

The spreader controler is a piece of ****. replaced it 2 times and it broke again. Now it sits in my shop collecting dust.

If JRCO makes all thier products this way, I would stay away.

gene gls
09-19-2002, 10:33 PM
I have a Hooker Areator, electric lift, takes some getting used to befor you are effecient. Doesn't make as deep a hole as a core machine but dosen't leave plugs all over the lawn either.

Gene

KerryB
09-19-2002, 10:39 PM
I have never used one but I have researched a little and imho its not worth the price.
First of all it seems too light weight to be of any use. It also has flat tines that flick the soil out of the lawn instead of pulling out a plug.
And at just over $1,500.00 just not worth it.
I am spending my money on a new 6 tine Plugger by Rock Solid. $2,400.00 but I have demo'd one and I loved it.
It was light weight, worked great in hard ground, easy to turn an the controls are easy to operate. Oh and the best part it doesnt drag your tail all over the yard nor do you have to manhandle it.
Just my 2cents...

Mowwithhustler's
10-28-2002, 04:09 PM
I know a fellor well i work with him he bought one hes only used it like twice this year i mena its fast but it doesnt do worth a sh*t ha said it is the worst way he has ever spent his money go get a walk behing which throws a better plug jrco sucks and plus its not wide enough for a 60 inch zrt the tirs cover up the surry plugs that it makes and it getys the machine and the operator very nasty its a spoon areater it sucks

LawnSmith
10-28-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Mowwithhustler's
I know a fellor well i work with him he bought one hes only used it like twice this year i mena its fast but it doesnt do worth a sh*t ha said it is the worst way he has ever spent his money go get a walk behing which throws a better plug jrco sucks and plus its not wide enough for a 60 inch zrt the tirs cover up the surry plugs that it makes and it getys the machine and the operator very nasty its a spoon areater it sucks

in english please

eslawns
10-28-2002, 05:47 PM
I usually rent a tow behind aerator feom Bluebird. It works very well and is MUCH faster and less labor intensive than a WB unit.

MOW ED
10-28-2002, 08:51 PM
in english please

:D :D :eek: :D :D

mwallingford
10-28-2002, 09:38 PM
I just purchased a Plugr PL600 for $1,700 (new, one demostration on it) and I love it. If fact, I renovated the front lsland of a home the first of October and have had great results. The grass is up and growing well. It works great for renovations. Make sure and plug in both a horizontal and vertical direction. Sow the seed, spread fertilizer, then use a screen drag.

LAWNGODFATHER
10-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by MOW ED
in english please

:D :D :eek: :D :D

If you have read his other posts, english has not been working, try a different language.

Swahellie sounds like it might work......

I mena Pig Latin.

Mow&Snow
10-28-2002, 11:07 PM
LAWNGODFATHER U just need to keep up a running translation so the rest of us can enjoy his apparent wisdom....:)

LAWNGODFATHER
10-29-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Mowwithhustler's

Yes I know a fellow, well I worked with him, he bought one. He only used it twice this year. I is fast, but it doesn't do a real good job. He said it is the worst money he has ever spent. Get a walk behind which does better, and produces deeper plugs. The JRCO is not very good, and it is not wide enough for a 60" ZTR, the tires cover up some of the holes. It also gets the operator pretty messy when it thoughs the plugs on on the mower and him. The spoon type aerator are not good.

How did I do?

KerryB
10-29-2002, 08:32 AM
I just purchased a Plugr PL600 for $1,700 (new, one demostration on it) and I love it.

Ok mwallingford, if I may ask where did you buy yours? I priced the same unit and it was $2,400.00. plus tax .

I demo 'd one and loved it but I also love your price. lol