PDA

View Full Version : rhino liner on truck body?

93gmc
03-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Does anyone have rhino liner or line x spray on bed liner on the lower portion of your truck to prevent rock chips?? And if you do got any pics and info about it? I'm interested in doing it to my 03 duramax. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Bigred350
03-14-2011, 08:58 PM
I have seen truck with it but its hard to keep clean. Dirt tends to stick in the texture and dont look good after a year or so.

Jpeg lawn maintenance
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes had it on the ford I just sold it works great and definitly does the job easy to keep clean also. I take tire shine spray it wipe it looks brand new again !

BlackBirdWS.6
03-14-2011, 09:51 PM
If you go on Duramaxforum.com and do a search their is a bunch of obs trucks with it done. IMO I think it looks real nice with the right color truck.

93gmc
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Anyone have an idea of price on it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Jpeg lawn maintenance
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Mine was the material Line x witha lifetime warrenty it was 700.00

mowerbrad
03-16-2011, 07:41 PM
One of the guys I worked with at the FD had line-x sprayed on the lower part of his truck, he had it color matched so you can hardly tell that its there from across the parking lot. When you get up next to his truck you can definately see that its there. He has had it on there for years, still looks good.

I had the lower 3 inches of my service body on my old truck sprayed with Line-x to prevent chips and dings from stones. I had that line-x on there for 2.5 years when I sold the truck...the line-x still looked great. Just for the 3" of line-x all the way around the service body was like $150 I think.

I'm a big fan of Line-x, I had it on my old truck and just had it sprayed on my new truck back in December. Love the stuff.

Jpeg lawn maintenance
03-16-2011, 07:52 PM
One of the guys I worked with at the FD had line-x sprayed on the lower part of his truck, he had it color matched so you can hardly tell that its there from across the parking lot. When you get up next to his truck you can definately see that its there. He has had it on there for years, still looks good.

I had the lower 3 inches of my service body on my old truck sprayed with Line-x to prevent chips and dings from stones. I had that line-x on there for 2.5 years when I sold the truck...the line-x still looked great. Just for the 3" of line-x all the way around the service body was like $150 I think.

I'm a big fan of Line-x, I had it on my old truck and just had it sprayed on my new truck back in December. Love the stuff.

I agree Brad great stuff if you have deep pockets to get it done :laugh:

mowerbrad
03-16-2011, 08:23 PM
I agree Brad great stuff if you have deep pockets to get it done :laugh:

That's true. My last truck had $1000 worth of line-x on it. My new truck only has $500 worth on it. It really is awesome stuff.

Jpeg lawn maintenance
03-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Ya I will get it on any pickup I buy in the future, no sense in putting it on my dump. Did you get the red chevy done ?

mowerbrad
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Ya I will get it on any pickup I buy in the future, no sense in putting it on my dump. Did you get the red chevy done ?

Yup, the Chevy got done the day after I finished my season last year. I didn't have time to get it done during the mowing season, so I had to wait until I was all done. My guy that did my line-x the last couple times had got out of the business, so I had to go with a different company. They did a good job though and I'm very happy with it.

93Chevy
03-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Mine was the material Line x witha lifetime warrenty it was 700.00

Oh man, that's steep. I mean, you're paying for a good product, but wow. I want to get the done to my truck, but I'm going to have to wait like 10 years...if I'm lucky I can save $70 a year http://rolltidebama.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley_panic.gif

deere615
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
I did this to my truck 03 chevy 2500HD I did it myself with roll on herculiner check my threads for pictures looks great I even did in the doors and the back sides of the bed to prevent rust

93gmc
03-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Ok thanks I talked to the local line x store and they said around $900. Seemed like a lot but I think it'd be well worth it to prevent rust. Thanks for all the replies
Posted via Mobile Device