PDA

View Full Version : Are you frustrated you're not getting paid? (New Sponsor - LandscapePayments.com)

LandscapePayments.com
03-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Hello,

I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and my company LandscapePayments.com.

We provide an online payment solution for lawn and landscape providers, allowing your clients to pay their invoices with their credit, or debit cards.

To see what we are all about please visit www.landscapepayments.com.

If interested in signing up use promo code lawnsite2011 and sign up for only $39. Thatís 50% off the normal price!

If you have any questions please feel free to post here or email me. I am happy to be apart of this community and look forward to talking with everyone.

Lefet
03-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Welcome to LS. I may be mistaken but it appears you are targeting those WITHOUT their own website?

"Bottom Line!

This service saves you thousands of dollars because there is no need for you to hire another company to design a website and program a payment page, pay for a domain name each year, pay for the hosting of your website, and pay for the numerous monthly fees associated with credit card processing charged by other companies."

Also, why only one payment at the end of the week?

LandscapePayments.com
03-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Hello Lefet, thanks!

LandscapePayments is for those with, or without their own website. We will give you a dedicated page at LandscapePayments.com (example: www.LandscapePayments.com/yourcompany). If you have your own website you can include a link to direct your clients to your payment page.

LandscapePayments.com
03-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry I missed your last question at the end.

(Also, why only one payment at the end of the week?)

Your payments usually take two business days to clear and post. So we will deliver your payments as a whole at the end of each week.

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Richard Martin
03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
So let me get this straight. You charge the LCO 2.3% plus $0.25 and then you tack an extra 3% "convenience" onto each invoice for a total of 5.3% plus $0.25? Plus an extra $9.95 a month for maintenance?

LandscapePayments.com
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Hi Richard,

We charge 2.3% + $0.25 per transaction to the landscape company. These are fees we have to pass along to the credit card networks and card issuing banks.

We charge a once a month $9.95 statement fee to the landscape company for the statement we send and for the maintenance of the account.

The 3% convenience fee is charged to your customer. So if your customer has a $100 invoice they will pay $103. This is how we make our money. The 3% is not charged to you.

I think you will find that the fees we charge are extremely competitive. And we automatically provide you the means of accepting credit cards. If you have a cc terminal there are typically yearly fees associated with it, from other companies, and you have to manually enter each transaction. We are trying to save you time and money and get you your money faster.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to post or contact me.

THEGOLDPRO
03-14-2011, 05:17 PM
how do we know we can trust you? and you wont just take all the money and run to mexico?

LandscapePayments.com
03-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Hello TheGoldPro,

It is a very valid question and I appreciate you asking. It is in both of our best interests that you receive your money and we have built in numerous checks and balances to ensure you do.

You will receive instant emails every time your client makes a payment so you will know exactly how much you are going to receive.

We have partnered with companies backed by Visa and Mastercard. If you don't receive your money, ultimately we won't receive our money and we will be out of business.

We take fraud very seriously and comply with all rules and regulations established by the credit card networks.

soduniforms
03-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the site! Your website looks good, and informative.
Prices seem cheap compared to many cc merchants.

Lefet
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the answers.

LandscapePayments.com
03-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Hello Soduniforms,

Thank you. We have tried very hard to make the website very easy to use and to meet the needs and wants of the landscape industry.

We have tried to simplify our fees as much as possible to try and save our clients as much money as possible.

LandscapePayments.com
03-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Your welcome Lefet. Please let me know if you have any more questions, or if there is anything I can help you with.

GMLC
03-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Welcome, I like the idea and website link. I dont mind the transaction costs on my end and even dont mind the monthly charge. But my clients will not be happy about the fee on their side.

LandscapePayments.com
03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Hello GMLC,

I think you will be surprised to see your clients not minding at all. The reason I say this is because those who already pay for items online with their credit cards are already used to paying convenience fees. For instance there are convenience fees for paying your mortgage online, paying utility bills, etc. Whether they pay for the convenience of paying online, or not, there is always a cost associated with sending their payment out by check. Stamps, envelopes, and of course their time.

We have found that people who like, or want, to pay their bills/invoices electronically are fine with the convenience fee simply because it saves them time. And often the reward points they obtain is worth the small fee to them.

I should add too, that even though your clients will benefit from this service, LandscapePayments.com was set up mainly for the lawn and landscape pro. This is an excellent way for you to obtain your money faster. And instead of spending time trying to collect on procrastinating payers, or continually servicing a client that hasn't paid, you can simply obtain a credit card payment, whether it is done by the client, or you enter the transaction yourself via a phone call.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

GMLC
03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Hello GMLC,

I think you will be surprised to see your clients not minding at all. The reason I say this is because those who already pay for items online with their credit cards are already used to paying convenience fees. For instance there are convenience fees for paying your mortgage online, paying utility bills, etc. Whether they pay for the convenience of paying online, or not, there is always a cost associated with sending their payment out by check. Stamps, envelopes, and of course their time.

We have found that people who like, or want, to pay their bills/invoices electronically are fine with the convenience fee simply because it saves them time. And often the reward points they obtain is worth the small fee to them.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

I don't seem to remember paying any charges when I am the consumer buying products/services and paying bills online. Just enter my card info and the bill gets paid or product is purchased. The business pays the fees when I'm the consumer buying their products or services.

LandscapePayments.com
03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
GMLC,

I completely understand your reasoning. However, convenience fees are very common. I will use my personal situation as an example. I pay all of my monthly bills online. I literally can not remember the last time I wrote a check. One of my utility bills has a flat $5 convenience fee. In my opinion, it is completely worth paying the $5 so I don't have to dig out my check book, go to the post office for stamps, and go get envelopes. And this is one of a number of bills I pay with convenience fees.

I know this may sound odd to some, but there are many people out there like myself that pay all their bills electronically, and are completely fine with the convenience fees to do so.

MR-G
03-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Just wanted to say that we ONLY accept credit/debit cards...each and every one of our clients needs to open a billing acct. prior to doing business with us. we run their card the minute the job is complete and the client is happy...even on a "mow and go" acct.
we never wait to be paid anymore...it costs way more to wait for your money than it does to pay for the ability to accept credit cards....that said, you can find many "merchant acct." services to handle credit card acceptance...and you dont need a website...with fuel going through the roof you need your cash flow to be steady.,.and waiting to be paid is just not worth it....as far as conv. fees...i would NEVER ask my clients to pay more with a credit card...especially when that is all we will take as payment...our merch. acct does not charge our customers a dime....you may get a few people to pay a conv. fee but i bet more will just find a new landcape co. just my 2 cents worth.

LandscapePayments.com
03-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Hello MR-G,

Thank you for the reply. I think it is great you only accept credit cards. It sounds like you have a very progressive business. Statistics have shown that there are more and more people paying electronically nowadays. However, I would also be willing to bet that you may have lost clients because of the unwillingness to open a billing account. I may be wrong but, I am assuming that it means storing their credit card information on file and running it once the job is complete. There are very strict rules established by the Payment Card Industry on storing credit card information. There are a number of people I know that would want to pay the convenience fee simply to know their credit card information is secure and not stored.
Posted via Mobile Device

Az Gardener
03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
Do the rates go down any with higher avg. invoices?

LandscapePayments.com
03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Hello Az Gardener,

We are certainly willing to work with you given higher monthly volumes. We try to remain flexible, where we can, for the benefit of our clients.

Feel free to contact me to discuss further.

tradeyouraccounts
03-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Do you use a payment gateway, is it Authorize.net?

LandscapePayments.com
03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Our gateway is integrated into our system. We do not use a third party gateway like Authorize.net.

This is one of the ways we can offer lower rates because we do not have to pay monthly gateway fees.

LandscapePayments.com
03-17-2011, 08:53 PM
We are happy to announce that we just completed an update to our website, and are now offering the ability for you to opt out of receiving monthly statements.

We have gotten numerous requests to add this feature, and allow our clients the ability to choose whether they want to receive statements and pay the $9.95 per month statement fee.

During the sign up process simply choose which option you would like. If you choose not to receive monthly statements you will still receive instant email notifications once you receive a payment.

At LandscapePayments.com we strive to continually improve our services based on the needs of our clients. We hope that you will all benefit from this improvement, and look forward to continually working with the landscape community.

If you have any questions concerning this please feel free to contact me.

LushGreenLawn
03-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Why would someone use your service, as opposed to a service like Intuit Go Payments, that has no monthly or statement fee (I do get statements), and a 2.7% rate with a .15cent transaction fee, with the ability to accept payments in the field with a free mobile card reader?

What are the advantages/disadvantages. I might be interested in the plan without the statement fee if you drop the signup fee (which after recently shopping around I can tell you noone does anymore.)

LandscapePayments.com
03-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Hello LushGreenLawn,

Services such as Intuit's GoPayment is a great service for mobile companies who can receive payments immediately after you complete your services. There are probably more situations than not where your clients are not home during the day after you complete their service.

You do have the ability to key in transactions, but you will receive a higher transaction rate of 3.7% with GoPayment. Also, GoPayment only allows you $1000 per month before charging you a monthly fee.

LandscapePayments.com gives you an online solution allowing your clients to pay their invoices saving you time and money not having to process transactions yourself. You do have the ability to key in a transaction through your own payment page as well.

There are a lot of companies that do not charge a set up fee if you receive a terminal to accept credit card payments. However, what they don't tell you upfront is many companies charge a yearly terminal lease fee in upwards of $100 or more per year. Also, if you are interested in an online solution you have to pay a programmer to set that up for you which will cost upwards of $1000 or more, and there will be a setup fee for your gateway usually $50-$100 depending on the merchant you choose.

So there are many advantages to use LandscapePayments.com.

jsslawncare
03-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Been in business for many years and my motto is "You no pay, I no cut". No credit cards Cash form new customer's and checks from old customers.

LushGreenLawn
03-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Any chance of dropping the convenience fee for customers? I've never seen a merchant bank charge this? Even the cable and phone companies have dropped convenience fees as long as you pay online like you are proposing.

I'd like the ability for my customers to make their own payments without me having to set up my website for it, but would need to drop the signup fee and convenience fees for me to do it.

Richard Martin
03-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Any chance of dropping the convenience fee for customers? I've never seen a merchant bank charge this? Even the cable and phone companies have dropped convenience fees as long as you pay online like you are proposing.

I agree. I pay all of my bills online, phone, Directv, elec, credit cards, doctor bills etc. and I don't pay any convenience fees. There is a C fee involved with paying my property taxes but I just send them a check in the mail. The funny thing is though, instead of buying one stamp and envelope at a time, I buy them by the box and book. I don't even have to go to the post office to buy the stamps. Our mailman will leave them in the box if I order them that way.

LandscapePayments.com
03-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Unfortunately, at this time we can not eliminate the convenience fee.

Other merchants may not charge convenience fees, but make you responsible for paying other fees to further make money.

Mr. Martin chooses to send a check to pay for his proerty taxes instead of paying the convenience fee. Why not give your customers the same choice? Yes, of course we could buy envelopes and stamps in boxes and books, whether ordered online and delivered, or physically buying them. However, there are many people that don't do either and choose to pay invoices with convenience fees.

We have priced our product extremely competitively. You receive your own domain and dedicated webpage. That in itself is worth hundreds of dollars. There are not many companies that can offer what we do simply because there will always be fees associated with it (i.e. gateway setup fees, programming fees, hosting fees, domain fees, etc.)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Stillwater
03-19-2011, 06:36 AM
I don't want to go off on a rant hear but.... I spent a few minutes on the website and noticed right away some things that concerned me deeply. I could not find the physical address of landscapepayments. In other words the location of where I could psysically find them. I also couldn't find any-ones full name in the contact area.
Then their is the lack of phone numbers, that makes me wonder if they are registered with the BBB?. They are handling other peoples money are they personally bonded or does the business name hold a insurance bond. The only name anywhere I found on the site is some guy named Jason, Also I could not even find the state that landscapepayments is operating from. Before I would ever ever authorize my clients to pay some guy I don't know named Jason from god knows where, so he can just turn around and pay me a week later after collecting a weeks worth of interest on my thousands of dollars on top of his fees and the monthly statement fee.
it's just me but, I would require a more significant amount of information on them then they are providing. First impressions are key hear especially when we are dealing with large amounts of money. besides all of the above landscapepayments needs to drop the mention of convenience fees. Charging for monthly statements? That is a marketing 101 mistake. Becouse even the mear mention of that is a deal breaker for me I do not want email attachments contain my statements, disclosing that fee openly and freely is diminishing your service and sounds like a cheap money grab to a money savy person like me if you need that amount to cover operations it should be priced right to include it spread across every account you service. Don't get me going on the convenience fees. Convenience fees, well they need to be left to those tiny no name atm machines you see in shady areas of town and scuzzy gas stations. This is just my opinion and should be treated that way....

Richard Martin
03-19-2011, 07:04 AM
I have no doubt that there are people for whom this service is perfect. It really does take all of the work out of setting up an online payment option for those that don't want to bother or don't have the knowledge.

But now that Paypal is doing transfers for free (I just got $600 from a customer, no fee for either of us) and Godaddy is doing hosting and domains for about $60 a year (including free email forwarding) it just doesn't make sense for a lot of people. Website programming is easy once you have the template set up.

MR-G
03-19-2011, 08:52 AM
I have no doubt that there are people for whom this service is perfect. It really does take all of the work out of setting up an online payment option for those that don't want to bother or don't have the knowledge.

But now that Paypal is doing transfers for free (I just got $600 from a customer, no fee for either of us) and Godaddy is doing hosting and domains for about $60 a year (including free email forwarding) it just doesn't make sense for a lot of people. Website programming is easy once you have the template set up. people are service fee'd to death...i for one am tired of giving my hard earned money to anyone not working for it !!!!:usflag:

LushGreenLawn
03-19-2011, 02:40 PM
people are service fee'd to death...i for one am tired of giving my hard earned money to anyone not working for it !!!!:usflag:

The only thing stopping me from doing it are the fees. Intuit does not hit me with hidden fees. He makes it sound like every other merchant bank is running a shady business, and while I will agree that some are, there are many good alternatives that don't require the addiional fees. In this economy your going to tell your customers that your going to charge fee to pay by credit card? No thanks. I don't want to be known as the lawn care company who thinks he is a phone company.
Posted via Mobile Device

LandscapePayments.com
03-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Stillwater,

Thank you for stating your opinion. Our physical address is stated within the website. It is required by Visa and Mastercard. We are located in the city of Royal Oak, Michigan. Our phone number is listed within the contact page.

LandscapePayments is set up to help you save as much time and money as possible. That is why we openly disclose our pricing structure and allow you to contact us online. There are no names on the site because at LandscapePayments there is not one specific person that can answer your questions or handle your problems. Everyone is trained to handle your requests. However, the one name you do need to know, and why it is listed on the site, is my name...Jason King. As the owner I have built my business on customer service and making sure our clients are satisfied. If the need ever arises and you would like to speak with me direct I try and make myself readily available to speak with our clients.

Charging for statement fees is not a marketing mistake. Every standard merchant will charge for this. There is a cost involved to produce these for you and that is why it is charged. The difference between us and other merchants is we provide this in electronic format for you to easily update your financial records. Other merchants provide this in paper format and will charge you for this as well.

I understand you may not like the convenience fees. but like you, being business men we need to structure our business to make money. We do not make money on you as our client. The transaction fees, as previously mentioned, get passed on to the credit card networks and card issuaing banks. So in order for us to provide you a value based service and keep your costs to the absolute minimum we have passed these costs on to your client.

Your clients, no doubt, are money savvy, like yourself. So let them choose whether they want to pay a convenience fee. If they don't use the service it costs you nothing.

At LandscapePayments we understand that this service is not for certain people, and we respect that. We are simply trying to help lawn and landscape pros grow their business, help increase cash flow, and help educate them about accepting credit cards.

LandscapePayments.com
03-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Lush Green Lawn,

Please make no mistake in that we are not trying to make other merchants sound like they are running a shady business. There are many very reputable companies out there that can provide you the ability to accept credit cards.

What we are trying to do is give you a different option for accepting payments, and help you understand the differences between LandscapePayments and other companies.

There is a reason your clients hire you to perform the services you offer. In many situations it is simply to save time. If this economy is hurting your clients enough financially, so as to not pay a convenience fee to save time, then there is the possibility they can not afford your service as well. And that is why many companies are experiencing delayed payments, causing you to spend additional money trying to collect on them. Giving your clients the option to use their credit card allows them to finance your services on their terms, or simply allows you to receive your money without having to stop their service, or pursue collection methods.

djagusch
03-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Jason are you also a doctor?
Posted via Mobile Device

LandscapePayments.com
03-19-2011, 04:59 PM
djagusch,

If you are referring to the Dr. Jason King, also located in Royal Oak, no that is not me. I am not a doctor.

LushGreenLawn
03-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Lush Green Lawn,

Please make no mistake in that we are not trying to make other merchants sound like they are running a shady business. There are many very reputable companies out there that can provide you the ability to accept credit cards.

What we are trying to do is give you a different option for accepting payments, and help you understand the differences between LandscapePayments and other companies.

There is a reason your clients hire you to perform the services you offer. In many situations it is simply to save time. If this economy is hurting your clients enough financially, so as to not pay a convenience fee to save time, then there is the possibility they can not afford your service as well. And that is why many companies are experiencing delayed payments, causing you to spend additional money trying to collect on them. Giving your clients the option to use their credit card allows them to finance your services on their terms, or simply allows you to receive your money without having to stop their service, or pursue collection methods.

Jason,

Many people are turned off by being charged a fee for everything. It has nothing to do with their level of income. I can easily pay my bills, but if I hired a contractor and they started charging me a 3% fee to process my credit card, I would find a new contractor. People have publicly made it very clear that they are fed up with company's stating a price for service, and then tacking on additional fees.

I have made a commitment to my customers to not add additional fees not included in their original agreement. No Fuel surcharges, bogus taxes, convenience fee's, ect. People would much rather see a reasonable price increase than an additional line item on their invoice charging an additional fee.

You have to understand that when you are the only merchant bank charging a convenience fee for processing, then people will tend to react poorly to it. I recently spent several weeks searching for the best processor, and not one charged the customer a fee for using a credit card. As a matter of fact, when I signed up for intuit they told me that it would be against VISA and Mastercards terms of service to charge a fee or higher price to use a credit card, and my account would be terminated if I did. I guess the rules for processing company are different, but there is a reason that they don't want me to do it, because it reflects poorly on their industry.

If you drop that fee I'm sure you would make up the difference by attracting more clients. I would be able to look past the setup fee, after all, You do offer a little more than most merchant banks, the ability to link to a webpage where the customer can run their own card. The convenience fee is going to be a deal killer for anyone who has shopped different merchant banks.

LandscapePayments.com
03-20-2011, 01:02 PM
lushgreenlawn,

Thank you for your comments. One thing I do want to clarify, is that convenience fees and surcharges are different. You are correct in stating that it is against Visa and MC rules to charge more to cover the cost of transaction fees. However, if a fee is being charged for a bona fide convenience of using an alternate payment channel outside of the merchant's normal business practice then convenience fees are allowed.

We are always striving to improve our services and look for ways to keep costs and fees to a minimum. And because of our current fee structure we understand that this service may not fit the needs of everyone.

We wish you continued success this year.

03-26-2011, 12:34 AM
I've been using www.landscapebilling.com for years, and at first I thought maybe you were doing something similiar to what they have. But from looking at your site, you dont provide any customer account management abilities? So if Suzy Q. is my customer, will she have an account that I set up using your program, that I can create invoices to, and track her account balances? Or are you simply a "paypal" type program, just being a middle man for money, with no customer account management abilities?

LandscapePayments.com
03-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Hello Image,

We do not offer any account management abilities. We are simply trying to provide lawn and landscape pros another option for accepting payments.

There are many good software packages that allow you to manage your accounts. So instead of creating another software, we created a means for you to receive payments faster and can provide you the information to upload into your existing software to update your accounts.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.