PDA

View Full Version : Yard Signs

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Anybody ever use yard signs at the accounts that they have to help promote business?

TNGrassCutter
03-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes and has worked fairly well for me, and I make mine for free.

fireman gus
03-14-2011, 09:10 PM
We had 3 signs made with removable inserts so that we could use them year round. Started with "Firewood" and then inserted "Weed Control Spraying". Very good luck with both. Now we plan to insert "Weekly Lawn Mowing". Much better luck with signs than fliers.

JFGauvreau
03-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes and has worked fairly well for me, and I make mine for free.

And how do you do that? lol

StihlBR600
03-14-2011, 10:24 PM
So does anybody ever make a deal with the homeowner of the yard you already mow and ask them to place a yard sign out front? do you give them a free cut or something to sweeten the deal?

TNGrassCutter
03-14-2011, 10:29 PM
My uncle ran for city council so i got about 10 of his election signs and painted them orange, then had my grandmother make white lettering for them with her cricket machine thing that cuts stickers.

Robert Pruitt
03-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Anybody ever use yard signs at the accounts that they have to help promote business?

can not do as per HOA By-Laws

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Ok, kool. I was thinking of doing that. Saves time and money. I was gonna offer a free cut or reduced cut to the home owner that lets me. Just that they aren't very cheap. I checked vista print, build a sign and i also googled cheap yard signs. The cheapest I found was something like 11 dollars a pop. And it goes down to something like 10 or 9 if you get 6 or more. Anyways, I'm going to have to ask my homeowners if they would mind. Anybody know of any better places. I haven't checked with local places yet. They don't have that many of them around here.

StihlBR600
03-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Just go to a local sign shop. thats where i got my truck magnets made and im getting some yard signs made there to for like $8 a sign....which isnt bad cuz that one sign could make you $500 in one year alone.

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Yea, Im going to have to check into that.

casey humphrey
03-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I posted about 6 lawn signs and all of them were stolen! By another lawn care crew!

jdutcher003
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Just think... if you get one lawn customer from one of the yard signs then all of them will be paid for. Likely you will get more than just one so its worth a shot. Buy a bunch at once so you can use them in future lawns when you have more customers because it is cheaper per sign to buy more at one time

KrayzKajun
03-22-2011, 06:55 PM
i need to put some more out. i have a stack of them in my garage!

Nightscaper
03-22-2011, 08:49 PM
I had 8 made last fall at about $12. A pop . I only put out 4 of them because it was late in the season.
A couple of problems I ran into . My signs are about 20 inches across and 16 inches down. The wire frame the stick into the ground with only held up for about a month . When the wind hits them , they bend back and forth. Snapping the wire. So make sure you have a solid frame or a few extra.

As far as getting customers to let you put the sign up. I just asked a few that I new had good exposure. Most were willing . I had one say no because a company that installed a new driveway had put one up and never came back to take it down. So when you ask make sure you say its only for a limited time and that you will come back and remove them .
Also instead of offering a free mow or something. Just at some point give them a discount or a few bucks of there bill and say thanks for letting me put up the sign . It will be more of a suprise and they will be likely to let you put it up again. That's what I did anyway

Nightscaper
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
I had 8 made last fall at about $12. A pop . I only put out 4 of them because it was late in the season.
A couple of problems I ran into . My signs are about 20 inches across and 16 inches down. The wire frame that you stick into the ground, r only held up for about a month . When the wind hits them , they bend back and forth. Snapping the wire. So make sure you have a solid frame or a few extra.

As far as getting customers to let you put the sign up. I just asked a few that I new had good exposure. Most were willing . I had one say no because a company that installed a new driveway had put one up and never came back to take it down. So when you ask make sure you say its only for a limited time and that you will come back and remove them .
Also instead of offering a free mow or something. Just at some point give them a discount or a few bucks of there bill and say thanks for letting me put up the sign . It will be more of a suprise and they will be likely to let you put it up again. That's what I did anyway

TheChiefsLawnCare
03-22-2011, 11:05 PM
I posted about 6 lawn signs and all of them were stolen! By another lawn care crew!

thats realllly shitty of whoever did that